Beetley still unbeaten
Beetley (20 pts) beat Gayton (4) by 166 runs in WN League Division Four
Beetley took their unbeaten record to Gayton and maximum points cemented their position at the top.
Beetley were asked to bat, and after losing a quick wicket they saw Keith Daykin and Michael Calvert put on over 100 in 25 overs with Calvert severe on anything wayward, sending two balls into the nearby wood.
He was bowled attempting one too many big hits and was replaced by the more experienced Calvert, Nick. He and Daykin put on a further 50 and Daykin (72no) carried his bat to a total of 208-6.
Beetley's young opening bowlers reduc Gayton to 19 for five with the help of three catches from Keith Daykin and one superb catch from Stuart McErleane. Tony Wright (two wickets) and Gary Hinchliffe (three) wrapped up the innings.
You may also want to watch:
Beetley: K Daykin not out 72, G Hinchliffe b A Tillbrook 0, M Calvert b M Tillbrook 48, N Calvert c Haylock b Kennedy 24, T Wright b A Tillbrook 4, S McErleane b Kennedy 10, R Clarke caught b Kennedy 2, C Densham not out 6; extras 42. Total (6 wkts) 208. Bowling: A Thompson 12-6-21-0, A Tillbrook 11-0-53-2, M Haylock 10-5-29-0, M Tillbrook 6-0-48-1, P Kennedy 6-0-25-3.
Gayton: A Kirk c Daykin b Hoare 5, M Tillbrook c Daykin b Calvert 0, J Connell c Mark Mitchell b Calvert 0, A Tillbrook c McErleane b Hoare 6, M Haylock c Daykin b Calvert 1, G Sinclair b Hinchliffe 12, S Gould b Hinchliffe 7, B Steves b Wright 1, P Kennedy b Wright 0, A Thompson not out 4, T Gill b Hinchliffe 0; extras 6. Total 42. Bowling: D Hoare 5-1-17-2, M Calvert 5-1-19-3, T Wright 2-1-1-2, G Hinchliffe 2-0-4-3.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 8 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 9 Landlords invited to webinar to keep up with changing rules
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today