Beetley still unbeaten
Beetley (20 pts) beat Gayton (4) by 166 runs in WN League Division Four
Beetley took their unbeaten record to Gayton and maximum points cemented their position at the top.
Beetley were asked to bat, and after losing a quick wicket they saw Keith Daykin and Michael Calvert put on over 100 in 25 overs with Calvert severe on anything wayward, sending two balls into the nearby wood.
He was bowled attempting one too many big hits and was replaced by the more experienced Calvert, Nick. He and Daykin put on a further 50 and Daykin (72no) carried his bat to a total of 208-6.
Beetley's young opening bowlers reduc Gayton to 19 for five with the help of three catches from Keith Daykin and one superb catch from Stuart McErleane. Tony Wright (two wickets) and Gary Hinchliffe (three) wrapped up the innings.
You may also want to watch:
Beetley: K Daykin not out 72, G Hinchliffe b A Tillbrook 0, M Calvert b M Tillbrook 48, N Calvert c Haylock b Kennedy 24, T Wright b A Tillbrook 4, S McErleane b Kennedy 10, R Clarke caught b Kennedy 2, C Densham not out 6; extras 42. Total (6 wkts) 208. Bowling: A Thompson 12-6-21-0, A Tillbrook 11-0-53-2, M Haylock 10-5-29-0, M Tillbrook 6-0-48-1, P Kennedy 6-0-25-3.
Gayton: A Kirk c Daykin b Hoare 5, M Tillbrook c Daykin b Calvert 0, J Connell c Mark Mitchell b Calvert 0, A Tillbrook c McErleane b Hoare 6, M Haylock c Daykin b Calvert 1, G Sinclair b Hinchliffe 12, S Gould b Hinchliffe 7, B Steves b Wright 1, P Kennedy b Wright 0, A Thompson not out 4, T Gill b Hinchliffe 0; extras 6. Total 42. Bowling: D Hoare 5-1-17-2, M Calvert 5-1-19-3, T Wright 2-1-1-2, G Hinchliffe 2-0-4-3.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 10 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs