Best-ever finish for Mattishall FC
Mattishall Football Club finished the season a creditable third in the Anglian Combination Premier Division, the best position in the club's history.
Manager Gavin Tipple was very happy with his team's performance throughout the season. But for a bad run in mid-campaign, they could have pushed for a better position, putting preasure on champions Cromer Town for the Sterry Cup crown.
Mattishall Reserves, having experianced a very good start, ended up in mid-table in the Anglian Combination Division Four.
Manager Gary Harbour thanked all his players who were available all season. He stated that other players need to show more committment all season to show that they are willing to help the team to a possible promotion to Division Three.
Mattishall A, in their first season in Division Four of the Crown Fire League, had a very good run.
You may also want to watch:
However, with very strong clubs in the league with teams good enough for a higher level, their hopes of gaining promotion to Division Three were denied.
Joint managers Eddy Dalton and Aidy Hewitt were very pleased with the attitude of the young players, with some being drafted into the Reserves as and when they were needed.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Mattishall held their end of season presentation at Dereham Golf Club. After a very good meal with a good bar, players recieved their awards.
First team player of the year: Ben Lewis; manager's player of the year: Michael Somerfield; reserve team player of the year: Phil Gagon; A team player of the year: Joe Gaston; manager's player of the year: Sam Perkins; young player of the year: Keiron Dalton.
The annual meeting was held last week with the full committee being voted in for another year with new members being added to the mix.
Friendly matches have been penciled in for the club with Dereham Town visiting South Green on July 22, a visit to Diss Town on August 2, Great Yarmouth Town at home on August 5 and a visit to Bungay Town on August 9. All dates to be confirmed.
The club is all too happy to encourage new players to join them with a very high standard of football available.
Please contact the new secretary, Eddie Dalton, on 07510554586.