Best of the season for Dereham golfer Andrew Marshall
DEREHAM'S Andrew Marshall recorded his best result of the season on the European Tour at the weekend after a steady finish at the Nordea Masters in Sweden.
The Dereham professional followed up his stunning third round 66 with a solid one-par round of 71 on Saturday to secure an impressive tied 17th finish.
He now stands in 156th position in the Race to Dubai – one place above former Ryder Cup captain Colin Montgomerie – with just over �38,000 worth of prize money to his name.
Marshall, who came home in a six under par 30 on Friday, struggled on the front nine of his final round and was two over at the turn.
But he regrouped and recorded three more birdies, with no dropped shots, to finish on a highly respectable eight under par for the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Westwood warmed up for this week's US Open by claiming a five-shot victory. Leading by three overnight, he carded a final-round three-under-par 69 to finish on 19 under par. The world number three came under pressure from Sergio Garcia as the Spaniard put together a fine last round, but a birdie at the 15th saw him home.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk