Best saved until last
BOWLS: Dereham IBC Men's A team, in their last league game of the season, visited champions-elect Pentney A and produced probably their best performance of the campaign.
They won on two rinks, but lost on two, losing overall 75 shots to 81
Rinks Scores: R Pitt, P Fern, A Mobbs, D Abbs 23-18, P Lambert, J Lacey, C Cook, J Cook 19-18, P Hunter, P Chapman, G Swindell, R Rudling 16-21, J Hunt, A Bridgeman, G Crane, D Norton 17-24.
Dereham A finished in a comfortable mid-table position.
In the Club and County Fours competitions the block of Chris Taylor followed up their win over North Walsham with a victory over Norfolk BC B to progress to the semi-finals against either Norfolk BC A or Pinewood A.
You may also want to watch:
Two positions on the club's committee were filled by league secretary Barbara Chapman and treasurer Peter Hunter.
The lists for the Summer, Monday, Wednesday and Friday Morning leagues are now on the club's notice board.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens