Biggest field for road race
Dereham Runners AC held their annual 10-mile road race on Sunday. They attracted their largest field to date, 280, for the 15th running of the race. The overcast sky made ideal conditions but the head-wind for the last three miles did not help times.
The club welcomed back Dereham resident Rob Joy who set a course record in 2007. He could not repeat it, but his strong run sealed victory in 53:54, followed by Richardson Bateson (Lincoln) in 56:13 and Stephen Gibbs (57:58).
The first two placings helped Norwich Road Runners take the team and county team awards and Joy took the county individual 10-mile cup.
The women's race was close for most of the race with Marie French finishing in 64:11 just pulling away from Nicky Alford was 30 seconds behind. The third and fourth positions were also close with Isabella List finishing 21 seconds ahead of Tanya Crofts in 68:47.
French took the county cup. Norwich Road Runners took the team prize and Wymondham took the county team cup.
You may also want to watch:
The full individual results with category results and photographs can be found on www.derehamrunners.co.uk
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences