Bisley success in her sights
Fakenham Rifle Club member Myrna Kemp from Gressenhall, has reached the final of the National Small-bore Rifle Association/Eley postal competition 2009.
Fakenham Rifle Club member Myrna Kemp from Gressenhall, has reached the final of the National Small-bore Rifle Association/Eley postal competition 2009. It is the first time since 1976 that a Fakenham shooter has reached the final, which is at Bisley in Surrey on Sunday, August 16.
Myrna (41) was awarded a gold medal for reaching the final, which comprises the top 20 shooters from around the UK. The final is shot at 50 metres.
Six members of Fakenham Rifle Club entered this year's competition.
The first round involved shooting four match cards at 25 yards in a prone position on the club range. Richard Fox, Martin James and Marie James qualified for the second round along with Myrna Kemp and received silver medals.
You may also want to watch:
Myrna has been a member of FRC since 2004. She was in the Norfolk County Ladies' team who won the NSRA inter-counties postal competition for the second year running in June.
Myrna also won a medal earlier this year for being a divisional winner in the Portslade & West Hove Rifle & Pistol Club short-range postal competition, and came fourth in class at Norfolk County Rifle Association's Summer Open Meeting held at Corpusty in June 7.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Warning of delays ahead of abnormal load escort
- 5 Children's home plans includes emergency housing in converted barn
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 8 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Dazzling display raises hundreds for hospital charity
She scored 703 from a possible 800 at Corpusty and was presented with the Gunroom Cup.
She said: "I must be the luckiest person on the planet to have all this success. I am very pleased and very grateful to the club for their help and support, and for my family's support and encouragement.
"It is now down to me to try my best and enjoy the final at Bisley in August."