Blow for Bradenham Wanderers’ survival hopes
Caister 6, Bradenham Wanderers 3
Bradenham Wanderers' survival hopes in Anglian Combination Division One suffered a blow on Saturday as they lost at one of their relegation rivals.
In windy conditions, Wanderers held their own in the first half, with Ricky Forder scoring right on half-time to equalise a Caister effort on 20 minutes.
Caister started to take control of the game with two early second half goals, but Jason Spalding scored to bring the visitors back into the game. Despite Bradenham's efforts to equalise, it was the home side who took control with two well taken efforts to give them back their three-goal advantage.
Bradenham never gave up and Forder's shot hit a post before rebounding off the keeper and into the net. It was not to be Bradenham's day and Caister scored again just before the end to give them a convincing victory.
You may also want to watch:
Bradenham Wand Res 7, Hindringham Res 3
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
Bradenham Wanderers Reserves kept alive their promotion hopes in Division Five with a convincing win.
Hindringham took the lead from the first move of the game, but only stayed in front until the ninth minute, when the hosts were awarded a penalty which Rowley converted. Eight minutes later Gamble scored from close range after a neat move.
On 39 minutes Rowe scored from a well flighted Gamble corner to put the home side 3-1 up, and just three minutes later Rowley made it 4-1 to give his side a comfortable half-time lead.
A Bradenham breakaway just past the hour mark was converted by Gamble to give his side a four-goal cushion, before Hindringham scored their second six minutes later.
Bradenham scored their sixth goal direct from a corner on 75 minutes, while Hindringham again hit back to notch their third six minutes from time.
The final goal was scored by Rowley who finished well to give his side back their four-goal advantage.