Boss Henman delighted as Ryman League North Dereham Town go nap
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town continued their good form with a convincing 5-1 win against Great Wakering Rovers on a blustery afternoon, writes Rene Kendal.
Two goals in quick succession shortly before half-time by Luke Tuttle and Lewis Butcher put them in the driving seat on Saturday.
After the break Butcher netted twice more to put the game beyond doubt before Wakering pulled a goal back in the 84th minute.
Young Robbie Linford completed the rout by heading home with minutes remaining.
Manager Matt Henman was pleased to keep his side's run going and said: 'The result doesn't necessarily reflect how difficult the game was.
You may also want to watch:
'We had to battle in the first half and earn the right to go two up. Our two goals in the last five minutes of the half changed the game's outlook and made my half-time talk easier.
'After the break we defended well and took our chances to finish the game off.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
'Lewis Butcher was in the right place at the right time and benefited from some good approach play by his team-mates to score his hat-trick, and it was great for Robbie Linford to come on and score his first senior goal for the club.'
On Saturday Henman's side return to Aldiss Park to face Barkingside in Ryman League North action (3pm kick-off).
Sam Borrer and Aaron Kay come back into the squad with Adam Smith also now fully fit.
The Magpies' reserves were beaten 3-1 at home on Saturday by Halstead Town. Stuart Garner netted Dereham's goal.
Wayne Anderson's side next Thurlow Nunn League First Division action is at King's Lynn Town Reserves this weekend.