Bradenham aim for third place
Horsford United 0, Bradenham Wanderers 2
Under-strength Bradenham visited Horsford on Saturday and came away with the points in a poor quality game, not helped by a hard, bumpy pitch.
On 22 minutes the hosts should have scored when, from the same move, a forward hit the post, then the bar, and from the third effort shot straight into stand-in keeper Ashby's hands when he was lying on the ground as a result of the previous effort.
Horsford continued on top and Ashby was in action again when he turned another good effort round the post.
The rest of the half produced very little in the way of goal-scoring opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was just three minutes old when Bradenham were awarded a penalty after Forder was pulled down in the box, and Bush converted the resultant spot-kick to put the visitors ahead.
Play continued to be rather uninspiring until the 67th minute when Bush showed some good control before chipping the Horsford keeper to increase his team's lead.
- 1 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 2 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 3 'They’d never been to the park': plea for more foster carers
- 4 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- 7 What now for Norfolk County Council after the elections?
- 8 What's reopening in Dereham from May 17?
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Former Norfolk council planning chief pens second novel
This was not a game to stay in the mind for too long but it meant Bradenham had gained three more points in their quest to finish in third position in Anglian Combination Division One.
The Reserves visited Holt Reserves on Saturday and were unable to gain the point required to win the Division Six championship.
They lost 4-3 in a closely-fought contest, and must now wait till their final game, away to Thorpe Village Reserves.
On Tuesday, Bradenham lost 2-0 at home to Hindringham.