Bradenham aim for third place
Horsford United 0, Bradenham Wanderers 2
Under-strength Bradenham visited Horsford on Saturday and came away with the points in a poor quality game, not helped by a hard, bumpy pitch.
On 22 minutes the hosts should have scored when, from the same move, a forward hit the post, then the bar, and from the third effort shot straight into stand-in keeper Ashby's hands when he was lying on the ground as a result of the previous effort.
Horsford continued on top and Ashby was in action again when he turned another good effort round the post.
The rest of the half produced very little in the way of goal-scoring opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was just three minutes old when Bradenham were awarded a penalty after Forder was pulled down in the box, and Bush converted the resultant spot-kick to put the visitors ahead.
Play continued to be rather uninspiring until the 67th minute when Bush showed some good control before chipping the Horsford keeper to increase his team's lead.
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 6 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 7 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 8 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 9 Dereham Golf Club full of pride after juniors represent Norfolk
- 10 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
This was not a game to stay in the mind for too long but it meant Bradenham had gained three more points in their quest to finish in third position in Anglian Combination Division One.
The Reserves visited Holt Reserves on Saturday and were unable to gain the point required to win the Division Six championship.
They lost 4-3 in a closely-fought contest, and must now wait till their final game, away to Thorpe Village Reserves.
On Tuesday, Bradenham lost 2-0 at home to Hindringham.