Bradenham FC boost survival bid
Bradenham Wanderers 2, Brandon Tn 1
BRADENHAM survived an anxious finish to boost their chances of survival in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
The hosts took the lead straight from the kick-off when some neat one-touch football left Olly Ramsbotham in the clear, and he beat the Brandon keeper with a clinical finish.
This was just the tonic the hosts needed following the previous weekend's defeat to relegation rivals Watton.
The visitors threatened with a lively attack which home centre half Melton headed behind for a corner. Within a minute Brandon nearly scored with a shot which struck the bar and rebounded to a forward whose effort was well saved by Cruickshank.
You may also want to watch:
On 12 minutes Bradenham won a corner which left Ricky Forder with a chance, but he shot straight at the keeper.
The home side's next real opportunity fell to Ramsbotham, who shot wide when well placed. Then on 25 minutes a fine cross from Bush caused concern in the Brandon defence, and they eventually cleared the ball for another corner.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
Bradenham were now creating some decent chances but, as has happened so often this season, they were finding it difficult to convert them. However, on 33 minutes Ryan Seabright beat the visiting keeper with a delightful chip to put his side 2-0 up, and that's how it stayed until half-time.
Brandon created a couple of chances early in the second half, the first ending with a shot which was off target and the second with a close range effort which was well saved by the home keeper.
Then on 64 minutes Seabright was off target when in a good position and Ramsbotham hit a fierce shot straight at the Brandon keeper.
The visitors were still well in the game and on 79 minutes their forward shot over after a well-worked move. They eventually pulled one back with a headed goal from a right wing cross, and there were some anxious moments for the hosts before the referee blew his final whistle.
Bradenham are at third-placed Reepham Town on Saturday.
Acle Utd 5, Mattishall 0
Mattishall suffered a heavy defeat at title-chasing Acle in the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
Acle's Nathan Thompson bagged a hat-trick and there were further goals for Luke Goreham and Harry Maddison as Mattishall crumbled.