Bradenham FC boost survival bid
Bradenham Wanderers 2, Brandon Tn 1
BRADENHAM survived an anxious finish to boost their chances of survival in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
The hosts took the lead straight from the kick-off when some neat one-touch football left Olly Ramsbotham in the clear, and he beat the Brandon keeper with a clinical finish.
This was just the tonic the hosts needed following the previous weekend's defeat to relegation rivals Watton.
The visitors threatened with a lively attack which home centre half Melton headed behind for a corner. Within a minute Brandon nearly scored with a shot which struck the bar and rebounded to a forward whose effort was well saved by Cruickshank.
You may also want to watch:
On 12 minutes Bradenham won a corner which left Ricky Forder with a chance, but he shot straight at the keeper.
The home side's next real opportunity fell to Ramsbotham, who shot wide when well placed. Then on 25 minutes a fine cross from Bush caused concern in the Brandon defence, and they eventually cleared the ball for another corner.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 5 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 6 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 7 Museum hopes to celebrate town's historic couple with summer reopening
- 8 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 9 Lake and barns for sale as separate auction lots despite same address
- 10 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
Bradenham were now creating some decent chances but, as has happened so often this season, they were finding it difficult to convert them. However, on 33 minutes Ryan Seabright beat the visiting keeper with a delightful chip to put his side 2-0 up, and that's how it stayed until half-time.
Brandon created a couple of chances early in the second half, the first ending with a shot which was off target and the second with a close range effort which was well saved by the home keeper.
Then on 64 minutes Seabright was off target when in a good position and Ramsbotham hit a fierce shot straight at the Brandon keeper.
The visitors were still well in the game and on 79 minutes their forward shot over after a well-worked move. They eventually pulled one back with a headed goal from a right wing cross, and there were some anxious moments for the hosts before the referee blew his final whistle.
Bradenham are at third-placed Reepham Town on Saturday.
Acle Utd 5, Mattishall 0
Mattishall suffered a heavy defeat at title-chasing Acle in the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
Acle's Nathan Thompson bagged a hat-trick and there were further goals for Luke Goreham and Harry Maddison as Mattishall crumbled.