Bradenham FC suffer Mummery Cup exit
Bradenham Wanderers 0, Acle Utd 4
Bradenham were knocked out of the Mummery Cup at the second round stage by Acle on Saturday.
Anglian Combination Premier Division Acle started strongly and could have taken the lead but for a goal line clearance from Matthew Cross in the first five minutes.
Bradenham struggled to keep the ball and went behind after 20 minutes when Acle scored with a diving header. Acle also hit the woodwork with another fine effort.
Bradenham dug deep and applied pressure and as the first half came to a close they were unlucky when a shot from Jimmy Lovell skimmed over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Wanderers started the second half strongly, but then conceded two quick goals, one of which was a penalty given for hand ball by Cross.
Bradenham again continued to battle hard, putting the Acle defence under pressure with Tom Spalding going close. However, Acle sealed their win with a fourth goal.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk