Bradenham FC suffer Mummery Cup exit
Bradenham Wanderers 0, Acle Utd 4
Bradenham were knocked out of the Mummery Cup at the second round stage by Acle on Saturday.
Anglian Combination Premier Division Acle started strongly and could have taken the lead but for a goal line clearance from Matthew Cross in the first five minutes.
Bradenham struggled to keep the ball and went behind after 20 minutes when Acle scored with a diving header. Acle also hit the woodwork with another fine effort.
Bradenham dug deep and applied pressure and as the first half came to a close they were unlucky when a shot from Jimmy Lovell skimmed over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Wanderers started the second half strongly, but then conceded two quick goals, one of which was a penalty given for hand ball by Cross.
Bradenham again continued to battle hard, putting the Acle defence under pressure with Tom Spalding going close. However, Acle sealed their win with a fourth goal.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town