Bradenham FC suffer Mummery Cup exit
Bradenham Wanderers 0, Acle Utd 4
Bradenham were knocked out of the Mummery Cup at the second round stage by Acle on Saturday.
Anglian Combination Premier Division Acle started strongly and could have taken the lead but for a goal line clearance from Matthew Cross in the first five minutes.
Bradenham struggled to keep the ball and went behind after 20 minutes when Acle scored with a diving header. Acle also hit the woodwork with another fine effort.
Bradenham dug deep and applied pressure and as the first half came to a close they were unlucky when a shot from Jimmy Lovell skimmed over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Wanderers started the second half strongly, but then conceded two quick goals, one of which was a penalty given for hand ball by Cross.
Bradenham again continued to battle hard, putting the Acle defence under pressure with Tom Spalding going close. However, Acle sealed their win with a fourth goal.
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 6 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 7 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 8 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater