Bradenham maintain form
Bradenham, 69 for one (21 pts), beat Hales, 68 all out (1), by nine wickets in Norfolk Alliance Division OneOn the back of their great Carter Cup win, Bradenham carried their fine form back into the league on The Green.
Bradenham, 69 for one (21 pts), beat Hales, 68 all out (1), by nine wickets in Norfolk Alliance Division One
On the back of their great Carter Cup win, Bradenham carried their fine form back into the league on The Green.
Hales were promoted last season and were a slightly unknown quantity. Bradenham won the toss and invited Hales to bat.
The Bradenham opening bowlers, Gates and Stolworthy, again produced pace and accuracy with Gates dismissing the opener Rowe caught behind by Matthews with the score on four. Stolworthy underlined his credentials as a fine young fast bowler by constantly beating the outside edge - with little luck going his way.
You may also want to watch:
David Hillier was skipper Blakey's choice to relieve Stolworthy and he had the Hales No 3 Squire caught brilliantly at short extra cover by Popes Selowa for nought.
Gates trapped Jones lbw for four. Hales' fate laid in the hands of their overseas player Hiengeni but when he badly misjudged a call and was run out for four, their innings was effectively over.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
R Anderson offered a little resistance in Hales' middle order, finishing on 27no, but Gates was on fire and picked up three more wickets with his brisk swing bowling to finish with a superb five wicket haul. Stolworthy also picked up a deserved two wickets late on, capping another excellent afternoon for Bradenham in the field.
Matthews and Evans opened the Bradenham innings. With 11 on the board, Evans (2) offered a sharp chance to second slip off the lively Anderson which was taken well by Hiengeni.
Selowa at No 3 and immediately set about the Hales bowlers. The score raced along and Bradenham passed the total required off only 14 overs. Selowa finished on 44no (including five fours and two big sixes) while Matthews finished on 15no.
This was a clinical performance by Bradenham who are now beginning to consistently deliver the standard of cricket of which they are well capable. Captain Kevin Blakey said: 'The match was really set up for us again by the quality of our bowling and fielding. This has been a feature of our season so far and with the strong batting line up to support this, we are looking forward to the rest of the season immensely.'
Bradenham CC is sponsored by Blue Print Motrgages. Match ball sponsored by Trek Highway Services.