Bradenham Wanderers beaten in Norfolk Senior Cup
Wymondham Tn 2, Bradenham Wdrs 1
Bradenham Wanderers visited Wymondham Town in the second round of the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday.
On a blustery afternoon both sides started slowly, but in the fifth minute Bradenham centre forward Ricky Forder saw a good shot saved by the the home keeper. With the wind at their backs Wymondham were testing the Bradenham defence with long balls from the back.
The hosts took the lead from a free-kick after the Bradenham keeper failed to claim the ball allowing Phipps to score. The loss of a goal stirred the Bradenham players who then went on the attack pushing Wymondham back, with several chances going wide.
The second half saw Wymondham starting strongly, putting Bradenham on the defensive and from a corner Wanderers' Richard Melton headed onto his own crossbar before the visitors could clear the ball away.
You may also want to watch:
As the half progressed Bradenham went on the offensive and Forder hit the post with a fine shot. Halfway through the second half Wymondham increased their lead when a poor back pass from Rob Thurley allowed McKerell to run through and fire past the keeper.
With the game drawing to a close Bradenham piled the pressure on the Wymondham defence and were unlucky when a goal from Karl Bush was disallowed for offside.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 10 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
Bradenham went on to score after a cross from Matt Miller was bundled into the net by Forder.
In the last five minutes Bradenham hit the woodwork twice, but could not score.
Man of the Match: Richard Melton
Wanderers are at home to Caister on Saturday, kick-off 2.30pm.