Bradenham Wanderers beaten in Norfolk Senior Cup
Wymondham Tn 2, Bradenham Wdrs 1
Bradenham Wanderers visited Wymondham Town in the second round of the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday.
On a blustery afternoon both sides started slowly, but in the fifth minute Bradenham centre forward Ricky Forder saw a good shot saved by the the home keeper. With the wind at their backs Wymondham were testing the Bradenham defence with long balls from the back.
The hosts took the lead from a free-kick after the Bradenham keeper failed to claim the ball allowing Phipps to score. The loss of a goal stirred the Bradenham players who then went on the attack pushing Wymondham back, with several chances going wide.
The second half saw Wymondham starting strongly, putting Bradenham on the defensive and from a corner Wanderers' Richard Melton headed onto his own crossbar before the visitors could clear the ball away.
As the half progressed Bradenham went on the offensive and Forder hit the post with a fine shot. Halfway through the second half Wymondham increased their lead when a poor back pass from Rob Thurley allowed McKerell to run through and fire past the keeper.
With the game drawing to a close Bradenham piled the pressure on the Wymondham defence and were unlucky when a goal from Karl Bush was disallowed for offside.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 4 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 5 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 6 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 7 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 8 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 9 Drug dealing mother-of-five had ‘cocaine stuffed in bra’
- 10 Dereham school recognised for commitment to equality and diversity
Bradenham went on to score after a cross from Matt Miller was bundled into the net by Forder.
In the last five minutes Bradenham hit the woodwork twice, but could not score.
Man of the Match: Richard Melton
Wanderers are at home to Caister on Saturday, kick-off 2.30pm.