Bradenham Wanderers closing in on promotion
- Credit: Archant
Bradenham Wanderers took a giant step towards promotion to the top flight of the Anglian Combination on Saturday.
They travelled to Scole and returned home with a thumping 5-0 victory, thanks largely to a hat-trick from George Watts-Sturrock.
Scott Sutherland-Gray was also on target while a home own goal helped them along the way.
The result moved Bradenham four points clear of third placed Hellesdon, with both teams having two games to play.
Wanderers had a chance to clinch promotion at Mundford last night – while a game at Hindringham on Saturday would offer a second opportunity if they slipped up.
You may also want to watch:
A defeat for Hellesdon at Bungay at the weekend would also wrap things up.
Beccles Town maintained their one point lead, having played one more game, with a 4-1 win over Hindringham (Lee Glover, Luke Bailey, David Shade, Joe Clark).
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 6 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 7 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 8 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children