Bradenham Wanderers closing in on promotion
- Credit: Archant
Bradenham Wanderers took a giant step towards promotion to the top flight of the Anglian Combination on Saturday.
They travelled to Scole and returned home with a thumping 5-0 victory, thanks largely to a hat-trick from George Watts-Sturrock.
Scott Sutherland-Gray was also on target while a home own goal helped them along the way.
The result moved Bradenham four points clear of third placed Hellesdon, with both teams having two games to play.
Wanderers had a chance to clinch promotion at Mundford last night – while a game at Hindringham on Saturday would offer a second opportunity if they slipped up.
You may also want to watch:
A defeat for Hellesdon at Bungay at the weekend would also wrap things up.
Beccles Town maintained their one point lead, having played one more game, with a 4-1 win over Hindringham (Lee Glover, Luke Bailey, David Shade, Joe Clark).
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown