Bradenham Wanderers edged out by leaders
Bradenham Wdrs, 0 Norwich CEYMS 1
Bradenham Wanderers entertained top of the table Norwich CEYMS in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
In a bright start to the match both sides pressed forward playing quick, neat, football. Bradenham forced a couple of early corners, but the CEYMS defence coped well and cleared the danger.
As the half went on both sides were giving away free-kicks in dangerous places. Midway through the half CEYMS were awarded a free-kick on the left and a low shot was too hot for the Bradenham keeper to handle and rebounded out to the CEYMS centre forward who scored from close range.
In the 35th minute a left footed volley from Chris Miller brought a great save from the away keeper. Bradenham's keeper Jason Spalding got his hand to a shot that was finally cleared off the line by Matt Cross.
In the last move of the half Matt Miller cleared off the line to keep the score to 1-0 at half time.
In the second half Miller just failed to connect with a Thurley pass, while a shot from Stockell was blocked on the line and with this went Bradenham's last chance of scoring.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 3 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 4 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 5 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 6 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 7 Drug dealing mother-of-five had ‘cocaine stuffed in bra’
- 8 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 9 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 10 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
This Saturday Bradenham face Long Stratton away, 2.30pm ko.