Bradenham Wanderers edged out by leaders
Bradenham Wdrs, 0 Norwich CEYMS 1
Bradenham Wanderers entertained top of the table Norwich CEYMS in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
In a bright start to the match both sides pressed forward playing quick, neat, football. Bradenham forced a couple of early corners, but the CEYMS defence coped well and cleared the danger.
As the half went on both sides were giving away free-kicks in dangerous places. Midway through the half CEYMS were awarded a free-kick on the left and a low shot was too hot for the Bradenham keeper to handle and rebounded out to the CEYMS centre forward who scored from close range.
In the 35th minute a left footed volley from Chris Miller brought a great save from the away keeper. Bradenham's keeper Jason Spalding got his hand to a shot that was finally cleared off the line by Matt Cross.
You may also want to watch:
In the last move of the half Matt Miller cleared off the line to keep the score to 1-0 at half time.
In the second half Miller just failed to connect with a Thurley pass, while a shot from Stockell was blocked on the line and with this went Bradenham's last chance of scoring.
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 3 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 4 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Dereham soccer academy win national championship
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Campaign group slams smoking ban at council headquarters
This Saturday Bradenham face Long Stratton away, 2.30pm ko.