Bradenham Wanderers edged out by leaders
Bradenham Wdrs, 0 Norwich CEYMS 1
Bradenham Wanderers entertained top of the table Norwich CEYMS in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
In a bright start to the match both sides pressed forward playing quick, neat, football. Bradenham forced a couple of early corners, but the CEYMS defence coped well and cleared the danger.
As the half went on both sides were giving away free-kicks in dangerous places. Midway through the half CEYMS were awarded a free-kick on the left and a low shot was too hot for the Bradenham keeper to handle and rebounded out to the CEYMS centre forward who scored from close range.
In the 35th minute a left footed volley from Chris Miller brought a great save from the away keeper. Bradenham's keeper Jason Spalding got his hand to a shot that was finally cleared off the line by Matt Cross.
You may also want to watch:
In the last move of the half Matt Miller cleared off the line to keep the score to 1-0 at half time.
In the second half Miller just failed to connect with a Thurley pass, while a shot from Stockell was blocked on the line and with this went Bradenham's last chance of scoring.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
This Saturday Bradenham face Long Stratton away, 2.30pm ko.