Bradenham Wanderers maintain winning form
Hellesdon 1, Bradenham Wdrs 3
Bradenham recorded their third successive league win, against second from bottom Hellesdon in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
Bradenham put Hellesdon under early pressure with a succession of corners and free-kicks which they failed to convert. A couple of long throws from Liam Stockell caused panic in the Hellesdon defence, but again Bradenham failed to score.
In the 20th minute Hellesdon took the lead when a cross from the right was headed home by an unmarked centre forward.
Towards the end of the half Chris Miller failed to convert a cross from Karl Bush and Tullis missed with a header when well placed. Bradenham had a goal disallowed when Stockell headed home only for it to be ruled offside.
You may also want to watch:
In the 55th minute Bradenham equalised when a shot from Bush deceived the home keeper and dropped in the net. Bradenham continued to create chances and Rob Thurley went close with three good efforts, one of which brought a great save from the home keeper. Rick Melton went close with a good header from a Matt Miller cross.
With seven minutes to go Bradenham took the lead when Chris Miller scored with a left footed shot.
- 1 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 4 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
The scoring was completed when Bush fired home from a free-kick.