Bradenham Wanderers maintain winning form
Hellesdon 1, Bradenham Wdrs 3
Bradenham recorded their third successive league win, against second from bottom Hellesdon in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
Bradenham put Hellesdon under early pressure with a succession of corners and free-kicks which they failed to convert. A couple of long throws from Liam Stockell caused panic in the Hellesdon defence, but again Bradenham failed to score.
In the 20th minute Hellesdon took the lead when a cross from the right was headed home by an unmarked centre forward.
Towards the end of the half Chris Miller failed to convert a cross from Karl Bush and Tullis missed with a header when well placed. Bradenham had a goal disallowed when Stockell headed home only for it to be ruled offside.
In the 55th minute Bradenham equalised when a shot from Bush deceived the home keeper and dropped in the net. Bradenham continued to create chances and Rob Thurley went close with three good efforts, one of which brought a great save from the home keeper. Rick Melton went close with a good header from a Matt Miller cross.
With seven minutes to go Bradenham took the lead when Chris Miller scored with a left footed shot.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 8 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 9 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
The scoring was completed when Bush fired home from a free-kick.