Bradenham Wanderers maintain winning form
Hellesdon 1, Bradenham Wdrs 3
Bradenham recorded their third successive league win, against second from bottom Hellesdon in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
Bradenham put Hellesdon under early pressure with a succession of corners and free-kicks which they failed to convert. A couple of long throws from Liam Stockell caused panic in the Hellesdon defence, but again Bradenham failed to score.
In the 20th minute Hellesdon took the lead when a cross from the right was headed home by an unmarked centre forward.
Towards the end of the half Chris Miller failed to convert a cross from Karl Bush and Tullis missed with a header when well placed. Bradenham had a goal disallowed when Stockell headed home only for it to be ruled offside.
You may also want to watch:
In the 55th minute Bradenham equalised when a shot from Bush deceived the home keeper and dropped in the net. Bradenham continued to create chances and Rob Thurley went close with three good efforts, one of which brought a great save from the home keeper. Rick Melton went close with a good header from a Matt Miller cross.
With seven minutes to go Bradenham took the lead when Chris Miller scored with a left footed shot.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
The scoring was completed when Bush fired home from a free-kick.