Bradenham Wanderers’ relegation fears intensify
Sprowston Athletic 2, Bradenham Wanderers 1
Bradenham's survival hopes suffered a setback as they lost at relegation rivals Sprowston Athletic in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
It took just 11 minutes for Sprowston to go ahead when an accurate cross was headed home.
This seemed to bring the visitors to life and a long period of Bradenham pressure ended with Karl Bush shooting home after good work by Rickey Forder.
The visitors continued to play some good football but it was Sprowston who went ahead again on 37 minutes with another header.
You may also want to watch:
The second half produced few goal-mouth incidents, with Bradenham having the lion's share of the play but Sprowston happy to defend in numbers and hit the odd long ball to their strikers. Neither side were able to add to the scoreline, with the victory lifting Sprowston above Wanderers, who slip into the bottom two.
After their successful run in the Norfolk Senior Cup, Bradenham must now knuckle down to gaining some league points. They have games in hand of most of their rivals, and this Saturday they host Holt United at Hale Rd (2pm).
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
Report by Brian Mason