Bradenham Wanderers’ relegation fears intensify
Sprowston Athletic 2, Bradenham Wanderers 1
Bradenham's survival hopes suffered a setback as they lost at relegation rivals Sprowston Athletic in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
It took just 11 minutes for Sprowston to go ahead when an accurate cross was headed home.
This seemed to bring the visitors to life and a long period of Bradenham pressure ended with Karl Bush shooting home after good work by Rickey Forder.
The visitors continued to play some good football but it was Sprowston who went ahead again on 37 minutes with another header.
The second half produced few goal-mouth incidents, with Bradenham having the lion's share of the play but Sprowston happy to defend in numbers and hit the odd long ball to their strikers. Neither side were able to add to the scoreline, with the victory lifting Sprowston above Wanderers, who slip into the bottom two.
After their successful run in the Norfolk Senior Cup, Bradenham must now knuckle down to gaining some league points. They have games in hand of most of their rivals, and this Saturday they host Holt United at Hale Rd (2pm).
- 1 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 2 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Tory candidate's hustings dodge defended after 'disrespectful' claim
- 9 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 10 Mark Armstrong: Getting comfortable with the grind at the Dereham 10M race
Report by Brian Mason