Bradenham Wanderers’ relegation fears intensify
Sprowston Athletic 2, Bradenham Wanderers 1
Bradenham's survival hopes suffered a setback as they lost at relegation rivals Sprowston Athletic in Anglian Combination Division One on Saturday.
It took just 11 minutes for Sprowston to go ahead when an accurate cross was headed home.
This seemed to bring the visitors to life and a long period of Bradenham pressure ended with Karl Bush shooting home after good work by Rickey Forder.
The visitors continued to play some good football but it was Sprowston who went ahead again on 37 minutes with another header.
You may also want to watch:
The second half produced few goal-mouth incidents, with Bradenham having the lion's share of the play but Sprowston happy to defend in numbers and hit the odd long ball to their strikers. Neither side were able to add to the scoreline, with the victory lifting Sprowston above Wanderers, who slip into the bottom two.
After their successful run in the Norfolk Senior Cup, Bradenham must now knuckle down to gaining some league points. They have games in hand of most of their rivals, and this Saturday they host Holt United at Hale Rd (2pm).
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 6 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
Report by Brian Mason