Bradenham Wanderers Reserves stay in promotion hunt
Bradenham Wanderers Res 2, Poringland Wanderers Res 1
Bradenham took the points in this scrappy, ill-tempered game at Hale Road on Saturday to keep them in touch with the promotion places in Anglian Combination Division Five.
The first chance fell to Poringland after 18 minutes with a weak shot well over the bar, and on 25 minutes Craig Gamble went close for the hosts. Tullis then headed over the Poringland bar from a free-kick, and three minutes later another Poringland effort flew over.
On 33 minutes Gamble showed good control and shooting ability to put the hosts 1-0 up, and four minutes later Tullis shot over from a Sexton free-kick. Cruickshank produced a great save after 39 minutes to keep his side in front at the interval.
Poringland produced the first chance of the second half when a dangerous corner went right across the face of goal.
You may also want to watch:
Bradenham then produced a couple of half chances before Rowley showed some good control and slotted home to give his side a 2-0 lead.
The hosts continued to create chances with Hobbs, Foster and Rowley all unable to convert reasonable opportunities. Poringland were still having a fair share of the play and on 76 minutes Cruickshank made another fine save from a powerful, close range shot. The visitors were rewarded in the 82nd minute when a forward scored with a powerful shot, and four minutes later they came close to equalising with a shot which flashed just wide of the post.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history