Bradenham Wanderers stop the rot with battling draw
Norwich CEYMS 2, Bradenham Wanderers 2
Bradenham ended a run of three successive defeats with an improved display to earn a point in this Anglian Combination Division One clash.
The first half was evenly contested with neither side able to create any clear-cut chances until the 38th minute, when the home side took their opportunity well to go ahead. That proved to be the only goal in the first half.
Bradenham started the second half brightly and on 53 minutes Ricky Forder headed home after a good cross by Woodcock. Fourteen minutes later the visitors took the lead after another good move involving Woodcock, Forder and Bush, the latter squaring for Thomas Spalding to score from close range.
CEYMS were not to be denied and on 83 minutes they equalised. Both sides were now competing feverishly in an attempt to get the winner, but it was not to be and a fine game ended with a point apiece.
You may also want to watch:
This performance – with Chris Miller having a particularly good game in midfield – should give Bradenham a great deal of confidence for the final run-in, which continues with a home game this weekend against Long Stratton.
n Bradenham Wanderers Reserves striker Craig Tullis was in fine goal-scoring form against visiting Wells Town Reserves on Saturday, netting all of the goals in a 4-0 win and keeping his side in the hunt for a promotion place from Anglian Combination Division One.
- 1 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
He scored in the 22nd, 27th, 58th (penalty) and 76th minutes and came close to netting a couple more. Wells had their moments and home keeper AJ made an excellent save in the 66th minute when he tipped a cross-shot over the bar.
This was a competent Bradenham performance with Rowe having a fine game in defence.