Bradenham win runs-laden Fisher Cup final
The winners of the Fakenham-based Dr Fisher Cup in its 75th year are Bradenham, who beat Mattishall at Highfield Lawn on Friday night in perfect cricket conditions ahead of the next day's downpour.
Bradenham made a daunting 191 for two with joint men of the match Lewis Denmark (two sixes, six fours) and Mark Hunter (three sixes, nine fours) each scoring 81 not out.
Mattishall gamely replied with 148 for six with Gordon Chetwood making 48 (one six, four fours) and Tom Spalding 37 not out (six fours).
Umpire Jonathan Newell praised participating teams this year who had played in the spirit of the game. He thanked sponsors who had backed each game – the final by Papworth Butchers – and the overall competition sponsors Fakenham Garden Centre.
Club president Gordon Turner praised all those who had helped keep the competition, which started in 1936, going over the years.
You may also want to watch:
He also thanked the umpires and administrator Libby Chaney.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history