Bradenham win runs-laden Fisher Cup final
The winners of the Fakenham-based Dr Fisher Cup in its 75th year are Bradenham, who beat Mattishall at Highfield Lawn on Friday night in perfect cricket conditions ahead of the next day's downpour.
Bradenham made a daunting 191 for two with joint men of the match Lewis Denmark (two sixes, six fours) and Mark Hunter (three sixes, nine fours) each scoring 81 not out.
Mattishall gamely replied with 148 for six with Gordon Chetwood making 48 (one six, four fours) and Tom Spalding 37 not out (six fours).
Umpire Jonathan Newell praised participating teams this year who had played in the spirit of the game. He thanked sponsors who had backed each game – the final by Papworth Butchers – and the overall competition sponsors Fakenham Garden Centre.
Club president Gordon Turner praised all those who had helped keep the competition, which started in 1936, going over the years.
He also thanked the umpires and administrator Libby Chaney.
- 1 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 2 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 3 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 4 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 8 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 9 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 10 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor