Brave Reepham Hockey Club team show battling spirit
Reepham Ladies 0, UEA II 3
Reepham produced another valiant battle on Saturday against a full UEA squad.
Another pleasing improving performance will only continue to mould these youngsters into a squad for the future – two of the girls had not played women's hockey before.
Reepham had an excellent first half and couldn't ask for any more from the team. Carrina Carter in goal saved a penalty flick to keep Reepham in the game but UEA scored just after to give them a 1-0 edge at the break.
Reepham created their own chances, the best of which came when Sarah Loudon produced one of her probing runs. She surged through the UEA defence and picked out Harriet Lilwall in a good position with just the keeper to beat, but her effort was blocked. Reepham continued to push forward and easily matched their opposition.
You may also want to watch:
UEA had the slight edge in the second half and Reepham's defence battled hard to stay in the game. They eventualy tired from the pressure and UEA increased their lead.
For Reepham their two remaining games are all about continuing to give their young girls as much experience as they can and for them to enjoy playing at this level.
- 1 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 2 Sun shines on school's Midsummer Night's Dream
- 3 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 4 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 5 Women's group resumes face-to-face catch-ups as restrictions ease
- 6 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 7 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters