Bulldogs almost up

Bradenham Wanderers 4, Wells Town Reserves 0The Bradenham management were very pleased with the three points, a clean sheet coupled with a good team performance.

Bradenham Wanderers 4, Wells Town Reserves 0

The Bradenham management were very pleased with the three points, a clean sheet coupled with a good team performance.

The Bulldogs now need two points from the last two games to guarantee promotion from Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division Four.

But they will be looking for two wins to keep the pressure on Cromer Reserves, who this week travel to third-placed Loddon Reserves, as they would then need to win all their final six games to pip the Bulldogs by one point.

However, the visitors to Hale Road this week are East Harling, who in turn will be looking for a win to keep alive their own promotion ambitions.

Players to meet at the club at 1.30pm for a 2.30pm kick off.

Most Read

Bradenham Wanderers went into Saturday's fixture having to make a couple of significant changes from the previous week.

Luke Findlay and James Eves were missing, so Kevin Pease took up a position in goal as the normal reserve keeper was also unavailable and the reliable Karl Sexton slotted into the back four.

Bradenham kicked off attacking down the slope and soon found that Wells had come to Hale Road looking not to concede an early goal and try to put the Bulldogs out of their stride with some robust tackling and no nonsense defending.

With their back line dropping deeper and deeper as the game progressed, and their midfield five sitting just in front of them, Bradenham were finding opportunities difficult to come by and were only creating half-chances.

Then in the 28th minute Les Tufts picked up the ball 20 yards from goal, dummied the defender and hit a tremendous right-foot shot that the visiting keeper did well to get his hands to. But he could not prevent it dropping over the line.

Bradenham then piled on the pressure but could not increase the score before half-time.

Wells came out for the second half with a belief that going down the slope with the wind in their favour they could turn their fortunes around.

But within five minutes of the re-start a long clearance from Pease saw John Allison bustle his way between two defenders and slot home to double the Bulldogs' lead.

The referee's notebook was beginning to fill up as the game started to get heated, but the home players stayed calm and the referee handled the situation well.

With an hour gone, Jamie Craig burst down the right wing and his pin-point cross was met by the inrushing Richard Dickinson to head home the third goal to kill the game off.

Panic started to set into the visitors' defence as on 70 minutes a defender sliced his clearance straight to Dean Garrod just inside the box. He controlled on his chest and crashed in the fourth goal to round of his fine man of the match performance.

The rest of the game was then played out without any further incidents.