Bulldogs bounce back
Hellesdon 4, Bradenham Wanderers 2BRADENHAM Wanderers, after suffering their first Anglian Combination Division Two defeat of the year 4-2 at Hellesdon on Saturday, bounced back Tuesday night with a 2-1 win at Downham Reserves.
Hellesdon 4, Bradenham Wanderers 2
BRADENHAM Wanderers, after suffering their first Anglian Combination Division Two defeat of the year 4-2 at Hellesdon on Saturday, bounced back Tuesday night with a 2-1 win at Downham Reserves.
Midweek, the Bulldogs took a well-deserved lead on 20 minutes when Derbyshire coolly slotted home to finish a slick four-man move. Within a few minutes the scores were level when a back pass hit a bump and jumped over the outstretched arm of keeper Baker. Bradenham then missed a number of chances
Both sides continued to play sharp, attractive football and midway through the second half Derbyshire scored the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Les Tufts had been confident he could lift his top-three team for a run of tough matches after losing to Hellesdon, a team they had beaten twice this season.
Hellesdon scored within two minutes, Bradenham's slow start continued and within 15 minutes they found themselves 3-0 down.
- 1 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
Slow starts have become something of a habit in recent games but Wanderers usually recover quickly, and towards the end of the first half Craig Clarke opened Bradenham's account with a well-taken goal.
Second half skipper Ricky Forder scored a second, but playing 'catch-up' the Bulldogs rearguard was exposed to a fourth goal, then they missed a penalty.
Among several good individual performances, were those of Frappell and Derbyshire.
On Saturday, Bradenham are away to fifth-placed Mundford.