Bulldogs lose derby
Watton United 2 Bradenham Wanderers 1
Bradenham lost a closely-contested Anglian Combination Division One derby on Saturday in a game which rarely rose to great heights but was certainly very competitive.
Watton looked the sharper of the two teams in the early stages and created a couple of half-chances, but it was Forder who came closest to scoring for Wanderers when his chip beat the keeper but was cleared off the line.
Watton continued to press but again it was Bradenham who looked likely to take the lead when Spalding hit a post on 31 minutes.
Watton took the lead just three minutes into the second half with a well-struck shot, but play was then confined mainly to midfield for long periods.
On 67 minutes Bradenham forced a couple of corners on the left, the second of which was taken by Bush and headed home by Seabright to bring the scores level.
The Bulldogs continued on top and created a couple of chances which came to nothing, but it was Watton who again took the lead with a header following a corner which was initially cleared but crossed back in again to create the opportunity.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 8 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 9 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
Bradenham will not see this as one of their better performances this season, but they will no doubt look forward to Saturday's visit to second in the table Wymondham to try to get back to winning ways.
Bradenham are third, eight points behind Wymondham from one more game played.