Bulldogs lose derby
Watton United 2 Bradenham Wanderers 1
Bradenham lost a closely-contested Anglian Combination Division One derby on Saturday in a game which rarely rose to great heights but was certainly very competitive.
Watton looked the sharper of the two teams in the early stages and created a couple of half-chances, but it was Forder who came closest to scoring for Wanderers when his chip beat the keeper but was cleared off the line.
Watton continued to press but again it was Bradenham who looked likely to take the lead when Spalding hit a post on 31 minutes.
Watton took the lead just three minutes into the second half with a well-struck shot, but play was then confined mainly to midfield for long periods.
You may also want to watch:
On 67 minutes Bradenham forced a couple of corners on the left, the second of which was taken by Bush and headed home by Seabright to bring the scores level.
The Bulldogs continued on top and created a couple of chances which came to nothing, but it was Watton who again took the lead with a header following a corner which was initially cleared but crossed back in again to create the opportunity.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
Bradenham will not see this as one of their better performances this season, but they will no doubt look forward to Saturday's visit to second in the table Wymondham to try to get back to winning ways.
Bradenham are third, eight points behind Wymondham from one more game played.