Bulldogs nudged off top spot
BRADENHAM Wanderers lost top spot in Anglian Combination Division Two to their Tuesday night hosts West Lynn SSC, who won 1-0.They resume their promotion push on Saturday at home to Sprowston Athletic Reserves and at home to Mundford on Tuesday night.
BRADENHAM Wanderers lost top spot in Anglian Combination Division Two to their Tuesday night hosts West Lynn SSC, who won 1-0.
They resume their promotion push on Saturday at home to Sprowston Athletic Reserves and at home to Mundford on Tuesday night.
Bradenham Wanderers 3, Downham Town Reserves 1
You may also want to watch:
THE Bulldogs were top of Anglian Combination Division Two on Saturday night.
They went on the offensive right from the start and after just three minutes a shot by Bush was well saved, but four minutes later they took the lead when Frappell ended a good left wing move with a shot which easily beat the visitors' keeper.
- 1 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 2 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Then an excellent cross from Palin found Hancy who shot over. Hancy was involved again when he scored after good work by Frappell.
Immediately after the kick-off Downham came close when a shot by their No 7 was well saved by Butters.
But on 26 minutes Bradenham went 3-0 up when Forder scored with a right-foot shot from 25 yards.
Further chances fell to Palin, whose shot was palmed away by the keeper, and Seagrove, who chipped the keeper after a great through ball by Miller.
Just before half-time the Downham No 8 hit a shot past a post and Seabright hit a rasping drive from 30 yards which was well saved by the Downham keeper.
The start of the second half saw Frappell shoot over.
After 64 minutes the visitors' number 11 scored with a well-struck shot.
Bradenham manager Les Tufts decided to bring all three subs into the fray and this certainly injected new life into their game.
Just before the end a promising looking run by Hancy was blocked off by the keeper when a fourth goal looked likely.