Bumper week for Livings family
This week promises to be a special one on the hockey front as two members of the Livings family make their debuts in the England National Hockey League whilst a third makes her return to competitive hockey following a two year absence due to illness.
This week promises to be a special one on the hockey front as two members of the Livings of the family make their debuts in the England National Hockey League whilst a third makes her return to competitive hockey following a two year absence due to illness.
Seventeen-year-old goalkeeper John Livings is in the Harleston Magpies squad as they return to National League hockey following their promotion last season.
John who started his hockey career locally with Dereham is a student at Dereham Sixth Form College. He has already played in the England Hockey Indoor League at Premier League level for Harleston and hopes to be able to help them achieve Premier League status in the outdoor game as well.
Becky Livings (22) has joined Cambridge City this season who just pipped Dereham to promotion to the England Hockey National Women's League.
You may also want to watch:
Like John, she started her career at Dereham before going to Coventry University. Now working as a physiotherapist in Cambridgeshire she is looking forward to her first taste of hockey at the national level. Meanwhile back at Dereham Becky's twin sister Ruth will be making her return to competitive hockey. She has missed the last two seasons due to a debilitating illness.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 10 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up