Busy day for the ladies at Dereham Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Golf Club's Ladies' Closed Meeting was comprised of 18 holes medal in the morning followed by nine holes greensome stableford in the afternoon.
There were six prizes awarded for the morning's play, to Helen Howe nett 73 (ocb), Margaret Myhill 73, Carole Harrisson 74, Beth Buckingham 75, Marjorie Harvey 76 (ocb) and Mitzi Barnes 76.
Four prizes were awarded in the afternoon's competition which was won by Maria Fox and Carole Harrisson with 23 points followed by Marjorie Parker and Ellie Barker with 22 (ocb), Angela Savory Moll and Kay Bates with 22 and Heather Pincott and Dot Frewin with 21.
The morning's competition was the second round of the Earlham Baines Trophy and the winner of the combined scores for the two competitions was Angela Savory Moll.
Other prizes: American Trophy (Christine Webster), the Winter Eclectic (Anne Taylor) and the Sherwood Cup for the four best medals last year plus the medal on May 16 (Beth Buckingham).
You may also want to watch:
All the prizes were presented by the Captain Ray Wicks in the absence of the Ladies' President Jill Trudgill.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory