Busy spell at Dereham Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
The Ladies' President's Day at Dereham Golf Club was a stableford competition held over 18 holes.
Julie Bray was the winner with 36 points on countback from Annie Langstaff.
Third was Helen Howe with 35 points, fourth Polly Slowiok with 32 points, fifth Glenda Langmead with 31 points (ocb) and sixth Diane Myton.
Best front nine went to Ellie Barker (17 points) and best back nine to Jean Paskin (18). Julie was also presented with the Diamond Jubilee Rose Bowl.
The Teapot Texas Scramble saw eight teams compete. The event was won by Will Cross, Ray Wicks. Chris Langmead and Jennifer Brown from Nigel Elmar, Jill Trudgill, Kay Bates and Jean Shepherd with Barry Green, John Webster, Carol Parker and Glenda Langmead third.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Dereham Golf Club are holding an Autumn taster session on Saturday, October 7. Club professional Will Cross is hosting a 'get into golf' session from 3pm onwards.
It is targeted towards adults over 18 and is free. The club will provide the equipment so all you have to do is turn up. You can contact Will on 01362 695631 for more information.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
Meanwhile Dereham's junior members continued their season by playing for the Bosham and Emsworth Cup (gross) Wallace Trophy (net) and the Corroless Trophies.
The 18 holes gross competition sponsored by Will and Christine Sommerville saw Max Jacobs retain the Bosham-Emsworth Cup with a gross 79. Joe Crane took second place with a 81, pipping Liam Kevern into third place on countback.
In the Wallace Trophy Freya Biles, who recently returned to Dereham, shot a net 65 (81-16-65) with George Sommerville close on her tail with a net 67 (87-20-67). Third place went to Charlotte Chisholm with a net 72.
The nine holes competition, sponsored annually by Andrew Hunt of Corroless Eastern in Dereham, also saw some good scores. Making good progress since joining the club this year Hayden Lambert took the gross prize of the Corroless Shield with the net prize of the Corroless Cup going to Jude-Marsden-Mooney. The five holes competition saw Arthur Leeder claim another win.
The junior season finishes on Sunday, October 15 with the Alarming UK Ltd Salvers and the annual presentations.