Captain’s week of golf
Dereham Golf Club Captain Kelvin Cleere got Captain's Week under way with a mixed stableford competition.
This was won by Alex Bates with 42 points with Heather Clements taking the ladies' prize with 39 points.
Two 18-hole competitions followed, both played in stableford format. Philip Tang won the Wednesday competition with 45 points and Terry Weller took the Saturday event with 41 points.
The overall winner of the captain's prize for the best the aggregate of the two events over 36 holes was Terry Weller with 84 points. Trevor Bray was second with 80 points on count back over third-placed John Stroud.
Richard Wilson won the best scratch score prize over 18 holes with a gross 69, with Simon Chaney second.
All winners received their awards from the captain in a packed clubhouse. Evening entertainment followed, ending a very successful week at the club.
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 5 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 6 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 7 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 8 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 9 £251m price tag for Norwich Western Link as bill soars by over £50m
- 10 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
Pictures: Captain Kelvin Cleere with overall winner Terry Weller. Richard Wilson, scratch prize winner.