Captain’s week of golf
Dereham Golf Club Captain Kelvin Cleere got Captain's Week under way with a mixed stableford competition.
This was won by Alex Bates with 42 points with Heather Clements taking the ladies' prize with 39 points.
Two 18-hole competitions followed, both played in stableford format. Philip Tang won the Wednesday competition with 45 points and Terry Weller took the Saturday event with 41 points.
The overall winner of the captain's prize for the best the aggregate of the two events over 36 holes was Terry Weller with 84 points. Trevor Bray was second with 80 points on count back over third-placed John Stroud.
Richard Wilson won the best scratch score prize over 18 holes with a gross 69, with Simon Chaney second.
You may also want to watch:
All winners received their awards from the captain in a packed clubhouse. Evening entertainment followed, ending a very successful week at the club.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 6 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 9 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
Pictures: Captain Kelvin Cleere with overall winner Terry Weller. Richard Wilson, scratch prize winner.