Catches won this match!
CRICKET: Beetley cruised to a resounding 10-wicket win over Gayton as their fielders took eight catches, backing up their bowlers superbly.
David Hoare (4-7) was helped by wicket-keeper Mark Mitchell, a steepler for Simon Densham, Keith Daykin in the deep and Michael Calvert.
Simon Densham took his second catch for Michael Calvert's (1-8) only wicket whilst Chris Densham took a well-judged diving catch at mid-on for Gary Hinchliffe (2-15). Duncan Barrow took his catch, warning off Simon Densham who was trying to claim his third.
The best of the day came from David Hoare, a superb sprawling, one-handed slip catch for James Perkins (3-7), who then bowled the last man as Gayton were dismissed for 43.
Openers Keith Daykin (19no) and Simon Densham (19no) enjoyed a 44-run partnership as Beetley won.
Gayton (1pt): J Reed c M Mitchell b DHoare 0, M Tilbrook c S Densham b M Calvert 0, T Tilbrook c S Densham b D Hoare 0, M Coker c K Daykin b D Hoare 7, S Howard c M Calvert b D Hoare 2, P Kennedy Snr c D Hoare b J Perkins 7, H Pettitt c D Barrow b J Perkins 4, M Haylock c C Densham b G Hinchliffe 1, J Connell b G Hinchliffe 7, M Neil b J Perkins 2, P Kennedy Jnr not out 1. Extras 12. Total 43.
Bowling: D Hoare 6-3-7-4, M Calvert 7-3-8-1, J Perkins 9.4-7-7-3, G Hinchliffe 8-3-15-2.
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 5 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 6 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 10 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
Beetley (20pts): Keith Daykin not out 19, Simon Densham not out 19. Extras 6. Total (o wkts) 44.
Bowling: M Tilbrook 4-1-14-0, S Howard 6-2-8-0, P Kennedy jnr 3.3-1-16-0, M Haylock 1-0-3-0.