Catchpole at the double for Mattishall

Wroxham Reserves 1 Mattishall 3

Mattishall visited a youthful Wroxham Reserves looking to extend their unbeaten run. Mattishall made one change with Edwards replacing McCann. On 8 minutes a long ball from Anema found Delaney whose cross saw G Harbour toe poke graze the outside of the post. The home side where forced into an early change when Thacker replaced Brooks and it was the substitute who opened the scoring in the 16th minute when his free kick from the edge of the box went through the wall taking a slight deflection before entering the net. This early goal gave the home side the momentum and a flowing move saw Oakley laid in but he shot into the side netting and then Mace had a shot tipped over the bar by Powley. The visitors came more into the game and on 32 minutes a long range effort from G Harbour was turned round the post by a sprawling Still and from the resultant corner Edwards saw his attempted lob clip the top of the bar and go over. Following another good move ended with Fitzgerald just scooping his shot wide but it was the hosts that went into the break with a slender 1-0 advantage. The game flowed from end to end after the interval and Harty saw his effort parried by Powley before the keeper collected. A forging run by Anema for the visitors who fed Delaney and his cross was side footed straight at Still by Edwards. A bit of pressure from the visitors saw Anema laid in and his effort was tipped round the post by Still but from the corner the ball fell to CATCHPOLE who went past the defender before crashing the ball into the back of the net for the equaliser. Mattishall continued to press and an Anema free kick saw keeper still make a diving save and the rebound ended with G Harbour clipping the top of the bar. The home side were still in the game and Jones pulled his shot wide from the edge of the box following a good build up and the resultant corner. Then George had a header following a free kick and Oakley saw his shot flash past the outside of the post. C Harbour replaced Fitzgerald in the 70th minute as the visitors looked for all three points. After knocking on the door the break through came in the 82nd minute when a good move ended with G HARBOUR scooping his effort past Still and into the roof of the net. The home pushed forward and following a free kick keeper Powley misjudged the ball but the rebound fell kindly for the visitors and as the home side continued to search for the equaliser it was the visitors who increased their lead when a good move involving Lewis and Delaney saw the latters delivery into the box end with several players queuing up to score but it was CATCHPOLE who delivered the telling blow to give Mattishall the points with a 3-1 scoreline which maintained their advantage at the top of the league.