Centurians hold sway as Bradenham exit cup
Bradenham lost to Stow by 21 runs in the Carter Cup first round
They produced a gallant effort against Premier Division opponents before losing a pulsating match by 21 runs.
On an excellent wicket and fast outfield, the visitors were rocked early on with Mike Taylor holding three slip catches to reduce Stow to 22 for three.
Landymore (106) and Moulton (114no) rebuilt the innings with a stand of 195. Each completed well-deserved centuries. The innings closed after 60 overs at 275-7 with the highlight for Bradenham another sparkling spell from Alex Bates who returned the excellent figures of 5-44 from his 12 overs.
Bradenham fancied their chances but were rocked by early decisions going against them. Lewis Denmark (66) and Brett Stolworthy (76) batted well but it needed one of them to go on and make a big score. That didn't happen and despite useful contributions down the order they were bowled out in 59th over for 254.
You may also want to watch:
Stow: M Blowers c Taylor b Bates 1, G Cook c Taylor b B Stolworthy 2, D Ward c Taylor b Bates 12, E Landymore c B Stolworthy b Bates 106, S Moulton not out 114, W Denny c Dewing b Bates 6, J Barter run out 8, P Griffin b Bates 0, J Ring not out 3; extras 23. Total (7 wkts) 275.
Bowling: B Stolworthy 11-1-47-1, A Bates 12-1-44-5, M Hunter 5-1-35-0, A Stolworthy 6-1-14-0, P Dewing 11-0-50-0, L Denmark 9-0-39-0, R Adcock 6-0-41-0.
- 1 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
Bradenham: M Taylor lbw Ward 7, P Dewing lbw Griffin 16, K Stagles c Landymore b Griffin 5, L Denmark c Cook b Moulton 66, B Stolworthy c-b Moulton 76, M Evans c Bird b Moulton 13, M Hunter bowled b Ward 11, A Wilton c Moulton b Barter 17, A Stolworthy c Landymore b Ward 11, A Bates not out 4, R Adcock b Ward 0; extras 28. Total 254.
Bowling: D Ward 11.4-0-48-4, P Griffin 12-1-35-2, J Ring 12-2-44-0, J Barter 12-0-74-1, S Moulton 11-0-44-3.