Centurians hold sway as Bradenham exit cup
Bradenham lost to Stow by 21 runs in the Carter Cup first round
They produced a gallant effort against Premier Division opponents before losing a pulsating match by 21 runs.
On an excellent wicket and fast outfield, the visitors were rocked early on with Mike Taylor holding three slip catches to reduce Stow to 22 for three.
Landymore (106) and Moulton (114no) rebuilt the innings with a stand of 195. Each completed well-deserved centuries. The innings closed after 60 overs at 275-7 with the highlight for Bradenham another sparkling spell from Alex Bates who returned the excellent figures of 5-44 from his 12 overs.
Bradenham fancied their chances but were rocked by early decisions going against them. Lewis Denmark (66) and Brett Stolworthy (76) batted well but it needed one of them to go on and make a big score. That didn't happen and despite useful contributions down the order they were bowled out in 59th over for 254.
Stow: M Blowers c Taylor b Bates 1, G Cook c Taylor b B Stolworthy 2, D Ward c Taylor b Bates 12, E Landymore c B Stolworthy b Bates 106, S Moulton not out 114, W Denny c Dewing b Bates 6, J Barter run out 8, P Griffin b Bates 0, J Ring not out 3; extras 23. Total (7 wkts) 275.
Bowling: B Stolworthy 11-1-47-1, A Bates 12-1-44-5, M Hunter 5-1-35-0, A Stolworthy 6-1-14-0, P Dewing 11-0-50-0, L Denmark 9-0-39-0, R Adcock 6-0-41-0.
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 5 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 6 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 7 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 8 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 9 £251m price tag for Norwich Western Link as bill soars by over £50m
- 10 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
Bradenham: M Taylor lbw Ward 7, P Dewing lbw Griffin 16, K Stagles c Landymore b Griffin 5, L Denmark c Cook b Moulton 66, B Stolworthy c-b Moulton 76, M Evans c Bird b Moulton 13, M Hunter bowled b Ward 11, A Wilton c Moulton b Barter 17, A Stolworthy c Landymore b Ward 11, A Bates not out 4, R Adcock b Ward 0; extras 28. Total 254.
Bowling: D Ward 11.4-0-48-4, P Griffin 12-1-35-2, J Ring 12-2-44-0, J Barter 12-0-74-1, S Moulton 11-0-44-3.