Centurians hold sway as Bradenham exit cup
Bradenham lost to Stow by 21 runs in the Carter Cup first round
They produced a gallant effort against Premier Division opponents before losing a pulsating match by 21 runs.
On an excellent wicket and fast outfield, the visitors were rocked early on with Mike Taylor holding three slip catches to reduce Stow to 22 for three.
Landymore (106) and Moulton (114no) rebuilt the innings with a stand of 195. Each completed well-deserved centuries. The innings closed after 60 overs at 275-7 with the highlight for Bradenham another sparkling spell from Alex Bates who returned the excellent figures of 5-44 from his 12 overs.
Bradenham fancied their chances but were rocked by early decisions going against them. Lewis Denmark (66) and Brett Stolworthy (76) batted well but it needed one of them to go on and make a big score. That didn't happen and despite useful contributions down the order they were bowled out in 59th over for 254.
You may also want to watch:
Stow: M Blowers c Taylor b Bates 1, G Cook c Taylor b B Stolworthy 2, D Ward c Taylor b Bates 12, E Landymore c B Stolworthy b Bates 106, S Moulton not out 114, W Denny c Dewing b Bates 6, J Barter run out 8, P Griffin b Bates 0, J Ring not out 3; extras 23. Total (7 wkts) 275.
Bowling: B Stolworthy 11-1-47-1, A Bates 12-1-44-5, M Hunter 5-1-35-0, A Stolworthy 6-1-14-0, P Dewing 11-0-50-0, L Denmark 9-0-39-0, R Adcock 6-0-41-0.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
Bradenham: M Taylor lbw Ward 7, P Dewing lbw Griffin 16, K Stagles c Landymore b Griffin 5, L Denmark c Cook b Moulton 66, B Stolworthy c-b Moulton 76, M Evans c Bird b Moulton 13, M Hunter bowled b Ward 11, A Wilton c Moulton b Barter 17, A Stolworthy c Landymore b Ward 11, A Bates not out 4, R Adcock b Ward 0; extras 28. Total 254.
Bowling: D Ward 11.4-0-48-4, P Griffin 12-1-35-2, J Ring 12-2-44-0, J Barter 12-0-74-1, S Moulton 11-0-44-3.