Chance to meet new professional and see what Dereham has to offer
- Credit: Archant
Dereham have appointed Andrew Agnoli as their new club professional.
He joins from Bishop's Stortford where he has been an assistant for the last 10 years.
Agnoli said: 'I am delighted to be moving to Norfolk to take up my first position as a head professional and am looking forward to working with the members at Dereham to continue to build upon its reputation as a friendly members club with an excellent nine-hole parkland course.'
Stuart Bizley, Dereham's chairman said: 'The club are very pleased to have secured the services of Andrew who comes with an excellent reputation for his coaching and he has already set about modernising the pro shop to make it more welcoming to members and visitors alike.'
There will be an opportunity to meet Agnoli and sample what else Dereham has to offer at a family open day being held this Sunday between 2-4pm.
Premier League bound Norwich City Football Club weren't the only ones to play well on the bank holiday Monday of May 25.
While the Canaries were winning their Championship play-off final against Middlesbrough at Wembley, Dereham's junior members continued the 2015 season by playing for the Ashfield Cup, kindly donated and sponsored by David Ashfield, and the Worthington Trophy, sponsored by Dillington Hall Estate.
- 1 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 2 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 5 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 6 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 7 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 8 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car
- 9 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 10 Scores in Norfolk caught up in DVLA driving licence delays
The competition saw some excellent scores at all levels. Alisha Margerum won the Ashfield Cup with a gross 81, closely followed by Freya Biles with 82. In the Worthington Trophy Joe Crane had an amazing round to win his first 18-hole competition (87-28-59). Second place went to Elliott Daniells (94-26-68). The prizes were presented by competition secretary Bill Sergeant.
In the nine-hole competition Jacob Hales shot a fantastic gross score of 51 to take the Ashfield Cup salver whilst Gareth Catchpole played well to win the nine-hole Worthington Trophy equivalent with a net 35; overall third place went to Tom Smart. There was also a five-hole competition which saw Jack Attfield taking pole position. Prizes were presented by ladies' captain Jane Bizley. All winners and runners-up received vouchers for the pro shop.
The junior season continues with the Captain's Junior Prize & Larking Gowen Championship on Sunday June 21 at 1pm. Dereham will host its annual sponsored Junior Open on Friday August 7, tee times from noon. Please see website for details or contact junior organiser Jane Bizley on 01362 693153.