Changes at Aldiss Park
Former Norwich City midfielder Cedric Anselin has been released by Dereham Town, writes Ian Clarke.Magpies boss Matty Henman said: “It was the hardest decision I have had to make as manager.
Former Norwich City midfielder Cedric Anselin has been released by Dereham Town, writes Ian Clarke.
Magpies boss Matty Henman said: “It was the hardest decision I have had to make as manager.
“Cedric is a very good footballer and played well for Dereham. But looking at the overall squad, other areas need to be strengthened.
“I wish him well for the future and I am sure he will soon be snapped up by another club.”
You may also want to watch:
Henman has quickly moved to bolster his defence and forward line with 6ft 1in centre half Paul Cousins signing from Wisbech and 6ft 4in striker Andrew Wood, who previously played for Bury.
Cousins is 25 and was Wisbech captain and player of the year last season.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 10 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
Henman said: “Paul is a born winner, strong in the air and quick across the ground and possesses the aggression that we need at the heart of the defence. I'm sure he will soon become a fans' favourite.”
Wood, 21, played for Bury in their Ridgeons League promotion-winning side of 2005/6 and then in the Ryman League the following year.
“It's no secret that we have been looking for a big striker, and Andrew's power and strength will provide us with the type of attacking threat that we need to go forward.”