Charity ride by sports duo
Dereham Hockey Club goalkeeper Tom Vaughan is preparing to bike the length of the UK to raise money for a cancer charity.
Vaughan, 31 (on the left), is doing a sponsored bike ride from Land's End to John O'Groats with his brother-in-law Chris Borrett, 30, in aid of the Big C Cancer Charity. The pair are also team-mates for Norwich Cricket Club and are hoping to raise around �4,000.
Borrett said: 'Over the last few years we have both had family members and friends die from cancer. Through our involvement with sport we have an opportunity to raise a bit of money and support the work of the Big C locally.'
The pair are aiming to cover 100 miles a day, starting at 8am and biking for 10 hours to reach John O'Groats within 10 days.
Their parents will provide support throughout the trip and they will also be joined by guest riders along the way.
You may also want to watch:
While neither men are avid cyclists, they have started fitness training for the 1,000 mile journey,. They are currently performing training rides and gradually building up to the 100 miles a day mark.
Borrett has played cricket for Norfolk and rugby for North Walsham, while Vaughan is part of the Dereham side who are currently flying high at the top of the East Men's Hockey League Premier B Division.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
Anyone wishing to sponsor the duo can find more information at www.charitybikeride2011.co.uk