Clarke’s double league success at Dereham Indoor Bowling Club
With the summer season over the winner of the Dereham Indoor Bowling Club Monday Morning League was Ian Clarke, runner-up was Arthur Mobbs.
The Friday Morning winner was Peter Fern with Ian Clarke runner-up. In the Singles Knock Out summer competitions, the winner was Ian Clarke, with Les White runner-up.
The Roll-Ups held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings proved very popular with good turn-outs on both days. These carry on during the winter season.
The club has started a junior section, with coaching being held on Friday afternoons from 4.30pm to 5.30pm. Any junior wishing to learn to bowl can just turn up and equipment is supplied.
Phone Terry on 01760 440 563 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Ladies had a very good win over Gallow B Ladies in the Mason Trophy.
The block of B Kittle, B Woods, E Sheldrake, and Y Hunt won convincingly 35-13 at home, and I Bunning, J Newell, D Rosi and M Harmer had a very tight game and won by 21 shots to 20 for an overall win of 56 shots to 33.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
They now progress to play Wymondham or Norfolk Bowls Club Ladies in the next round.