Clarke’s double league success at Dereham Indoor Bowling Club
With the summer season over the winner of the Dereham Indoor Bowling Club Monday Morning League was Ian Clarke, runner-up was Arthur Mobbs.
The Friday Morning winner was Peter Fern with Ian Clarke runner-up. In the Singles Knock Out summer competitions, the winner was Ian Clarke, with Les White runner-up.
The Roll-Ups held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings proved very popular with good turn-outs on both days. These carry on during the winter season.
The club has started a junior section, with coaching being held on Friday afternoons from 4.30pm to 5.30pm. Any junior wishing to learn to bowl can just turn up and equipment is supplied.
Phone Terry on 01760 440 563 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Ladies had a very good win over Gallow B Ladies in the Mason Trophy.
The block of B Kittle, B Woods, E Sheldrake, and Y Hunt won convincingly 35-13 at home, and I Bunning, J Newell, D Rosi and M Harmer had a very tight game and won by 21 shots to 20 for an overall win of 56 shots to 33.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
They now progress to play Wymondham or Norfolk Bowls Club Ladies in the next round.