Clarke’s double league success at Dereham Indoor Bowling Club
With the summer season over the winner of the Dereham Indoor Bowling Club Monday Morning League was Ian Clarke, runner-up was Arthur Mobbs.
The Friday Morning winner was Peter Fern with Ian Clarke runner-up. In the Singles Knock Out summer competitions, the winner was Ian Clarke, with Les White runner-up.
The Roll-Ups held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings proved very popular with good turn-outs on both days. These carry on during the winter season.
The club has started a junior section, with coaching being held on Friday afternoons from 4.30pm to 5.30pm. Any junior wishing to learn to bowl can just turn up and equipment is supplied.
Phone Terry on 01760 440 563 for more information.
Dereham Ladies had a very good win over Gallow B Ladies in the Mason Trophy.
The block of B Kittle, B Woods, E Sheldrake, and Y Hunt won convincingly 35-13 at home, and I Bunning, J Newell, D Rosi and M Harmer had a very tight game and won by 21 shots to 20 for an overall win of 56 shots to 33.
- 1 Young woman reveals tough reality of living with multiple sclerosis
- 2 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 Council privately plans to sell golf club it spent £10m on for just £2m
- 6 Man dies after suffering medical episode in Iceland store
- 7 'A great idea' - Shop space helps small businesses showcase products
- 8 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 9 School invites former pupils to help explore its history
- 10 Warning over scam caller telling people they are unvaccinated
They now progress to play Wymondham or Norfolk Bowls Club Ladies in the next round.