Clarke’s double league success at Dereham Indoor Bowling Club
With the summer season over the winner of the Dereham Indoor Bowling Club Monday Morning League was Ian Clarke, runner-up was Arthur Mobbs.
The Friday Morning winner was Peter Fern with Ian Clarke runner-up. In the Singles Knock Out summer competitions, the winner was Ian Clarke, with Les White runner-up.
The Roll-Ups held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings proved very popular with good turn-outs on both days. These carry on during the winter season.
The club has started a junior section, with coaching being held on Friday afternoons from 4.30pm to 5.30pm. Any junior wishing to learn to bowl can just turn up and equipment is supplied.
Phone Terry on 01760 440 563 for more information.
Dereham Ladies had a very good win over Gallow B Ladies in the Mason Trophy.
The block of B Kittle, B Woods, E Sheldrake, and Y Hunt won convincingly 35-13 at home, and I Bunning, J Newell, D Rosi and M Harmer had a very tight game and won by 21 shots to 20 for an overall win of 56 shots to 33.
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 3 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 4 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 5 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 6 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 7 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 8 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 9 Police ask public to check sheds in search for missing man
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park
They now progress to play Wymondham or Norfolk Bowls Club Ladies in the next round.