Double joy for Swanton Morley batsmen over the weekend.In the Mid Norfolk Sunday League, J Bidewell claimed joint pole position in the Hansells Roll of Honour with 152 not out in the win against Barney and Peter Ellis scored his maiden century for Swanton Morley A when he made 115 against Gooderstone A in West Norfolk League Division Five.
Double joy for Swanton Morley batsmen over the weekend.
In the Mid Norfolk Sunday League, J Bidewell claimed joint pole position in the Hansells Roll of Honour with 152 not out in the win against Barney and Peter Ellis scored his maiden century for Swanton Morley A when he made 115 against Gooderstone A in West Norfolk League Division Five. His side won by 188 runs.
Swanton Morley A elected to bat. Ellis and Gary Whiteside gave them a very good start as they took the score to 147 in the 28th over before Whiteside was lbw for 47.
Arthur Lake and Ellis added a further 101 before Lake was out for 45 in the 44th over. In the next over Ellis was out lbw for 115 as Swanton Morley tried to reach 280 for another batting point. Despite two boundaries from Barry Green they had to settle for 267-3 as the innings closed.
You may also want to watch:
The experienced players performed well with the bat, then it was up to the youth with the ball. Again the teenage bowling attack responded well. Two wickets each for Soren Gauntlett, Scott Evans and Olly Hood reduced Gooderstone A to 37-6. Sayer and Mussell than batted well as they added 28 for the seventh wicket. However, in second spells Evans (4-40) with a further two wickets and Gauntlett (3-19)with a wicket and a fine throw to enable a run out, saw Gooderstone A dismissed for 79, as Swanton Morley A gained a convincing win.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000