County support for Dereham junior golf open
Dereham Golf Club Junior Section on Friday saw 37 play for the Rivett Trophy in the 22nd Dereham Junior Open.With competitors coming from all over Norfolk, the field produced some fantastic scores.
Dereham Golf Club Junior Section on Friday saw 37 play for the Rivett Trophy in the 22nd Dereham Junior Open.
With competitors coming from all over Norfolk, the field produced some fantastic scores.
The Rivett Trophy was retained by Dereham's Jason Tudge with a net 60 (78-18-60), who earlier in the year had suffered a broken leg.
The scratch prize went to Dereham's junior captain Jamie Beeby, with a gross 72.
The day was sponsored by Smith and Pinching Insurance Brokers,who were represented by Kevin Pearson.
President Ian Alderton and Stuart and Jane Bizley sponsored nearest the pin prizes.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 4 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 5 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 6 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 7 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 10 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
Kevin Pearson presented the prizes along side club captain Keith Wilkinson and president Ian Alderton.
Other results were 2nd net James Bool, Caldecott Hall (88-25-63); 3rd Ryan Thorogood, Dereham (79-15-64 ocb); 4th James Rowswell, Caldecott Hall (88-24-64); 2nd gross Nic Cains, Barnham Broom 75; 3rd George Anthony, Barnham Broom 76 ocb; 4th Alex Fellas 76.
Nearest the pin prizes went to James Rowswell, Ryan Thorogood and Jack Brister (Bawburgh).