County support for Dereham junior golf open
Dereham Golf Club Junior Section on Friday saw 37 play for the Rivett Trophy in the 22nd Dereham Junior Open.With competitors coming from all over Norfolk, the field produced some fantastic scores.
Dereham Golf Club Junior Section on Friday saw 37 play for the Rivett Trophy in the 22nd Dereham Junior Open.
With competitors coming from all over Norfolk, the field produced some fantastic scores.
The Rivett Trophy was retained by Dereham's Jason Tudge with a net 60 (78-18-60), who earlier in the year had suffered a broken leg.
The scratch prize went to Dereham's junior captain Jamie Beeby, with a gross 72.
You may also want to watch:
The day was sponsored by Smith and Pinching Insurance Brokers,who were represented by Kevin Pearson.
President Ian Alderton and Stuart and Jane Bizley sponsored nearest the pin prizes.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 6 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 7 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 8 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
Kevin Pearson presented the prizes along side club captain Keith Wilkinson and president Ian Alderton.
Other results were 2nd net James Bool, Caldecott Hall (88-25-63); 3rd Ryan Thorogood, Dereham (79-15-64 ocb); 4th James Rowswell, Caldecott Hall (88-24-64); 2nd gross Nic Cains, Barnham Broom 75; 3rd George Anthony, Barnham Broom 76 ocb; 4th Alex Fellas 76.
Nearest the pin prizes went to James Rowswell, Ryan Thorogood and Jack Brister (Bawburgh).