Cricket team revived
FOULSHAM produced a cricket team for the first time in over 50 years on Sunday when they played Elsing in the settings of Elsing Hall.The team consisted of many of the old Bintree and Foulsham team which was founded by the late Les Heyhoe and 'Snaggles' Rutland.
FOULSHAM produced a cricket team for the first time in over 50 years on Sunday when they played Elsing in the settings of Elsing Hall.
The team consisted of many of the old Bintree and Foulsham team which was founded by the late Les Heyhoe and 'Snaggles' Rutland. Les' son and grandson played, as well as Snaggles' son Colin. Nine of the team were related.
Chris Crane, who plays for Fakenham, started his cricket career, with his brother Stuart, at the Bintree ground alongside Fakenham's current first team captain Sean Cooper.
Paul Bushell and Johnny Clipston opened the batting for Foulsham and put on 70 before Clipston was caught for 25. Colin Rutland's first scoring shot was a six. Bushell was out for a stylish 78. Graham Wade (38) and Rutland (67) put on 68 as Foulsham made 252.
You may also want to watch:
With good fielding and catching, especially from the Clarke family, Elsing were bowled out for 117, Harley Tye hitting 51.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown