Cricket team revived
FOULSHAM produced a cricket team for the first time in over 50 years on Sunday when they played Elsing in the settings of Elsing Hall.The team consisted of many of the old Bintree and Foulsham team which was founded by the late Les Heyhoe and 'Snaggles' Rutland.
FOULSHAM produced a cricket team for the first time in over 50 years on Sunday when they played Elsing in the settings of Elsing Hall.
The team consisted of many of the old Bintree and Foulsham team which was founded by the late Les Heyhoe and 'Snaggles' Rutland. Les' son and grandson played, as well as Snaggles' son Colin. Nine of the team were related.
Chris Crane, who plays for Fakenham, started his cricket career, with his brother Stuart, at the Bintree ground alongside Fakenham's current first team captain Sean Cooper.
Paul Bushell and Johnny Clipston opened the batting for Foulsham and put on 70 before Clipston was caught for 25. Colin Rutland's first scoring shot was a six. Bushell was out for a stylish 78. Graham Wade (38) and Rutland (67) put on 68 as Foulsham made 252.
You may also want to watch:
With good fielding and catching, especially from the Clarke family, Elsing were bowled out for 117, Harley Tye hitting 51.
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 5 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today