Cricket team revived
FOULSHAM produced a cricket team for the first time in over 50 years on Sunday when they played Elsing in the settings of Elsing Hall.The team consisted of many of the old Bintree and Foulsham team which was founded by the late Les Heyhoe and 'Snaggles' Rutland.
FOULSHAM produced a cricket team for the first time in over 50 years on Sunday when they played Elsing in the settings of Elsing Hall.
The team consisted of many of the old Bintree and Foulsham team which was founded by the late Les Heyhoe and 'Snaggles' Rutland. Les' son and grandson played, as well as Snaggles' son Colin. Nine of the team were related.
Chris Crane, who plays for Fakenham, started his cricket career, with his brother Stuart, at the Bintree ground alongside Fakenham's current first team captain Sean Cooper.
Paul Bushell and Johnny Clipston opened the batting for Foulsham and put on 70 before Clipston was caught for 25. Colin Rutland's first scoring shot was a six. Bushell was out for a stylish 78. Graham Wade (38) and Rutland (67) put on 68 as Foulsham made 252.
With good fielding and catching, especially from the Clarke family, Elsing were bowled out for 117, Harley Tye hitting 51.
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 6 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 7 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 10 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash