Crookes scores first goal of season to seal win for Dereham
- Credit: Archant
An early goal from Dereham was enough to earn them a 1-0 home win over City of Peterborough II in their latest East League Premier B match.
Player-coach Matthew Pickering took a gamble before the game, making big tactical changes, and it paid off from the first minute.
Midfielder Will Edwards broke at pace down the right hand side, squaring the ball to forward Falko Rosbergen before it was eventually hit into the roof of the net by Guy Crookes for his first goal of the season.
Dereham continued to carve out opportunities throughout the game, but were unable to make them count. A number of short corner chances went begging, but the home team kept their heads to see out the game.
Dereham make the long trip to face Havering on Saturday in their last away game before Christmas. They will be lifted by the return of forward Will Dewing from injury.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Ladies beat visitors Watton 6-1.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 6 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 9 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history