Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League round-up
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
Litcham missed out on a place in the final of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup after losing 1-0 to Morley Village in their semi-final.
Morley Village will now play second Division outfit Nostro in the final on Bank Holiday Monday, May 7. In their semi-final, Nostro travelled to Division One leaders Feltwell and held them to 2-2 draw before triumphing 4-3 on penalties.
There were just three matches in Division One. Second placed Dereham Town A were beaten 3-0 at home by Thetford Rovers Reserves, Gressenhall beat Bridgham United 4-0 and Shipdham won 2-0 at bottom team Narborough.
Division Two leaders Castle Acre Swifts beat Necton 2-1 and Yaxham move above Sporle into third place after beating them 3-1. Methwold Rovers won 3-2 at home to Breckland Wanderers and Thurton & Ashby beat West End 6-1.
You may also want to watch:
The top two in Division Three, Scarning United and Bawdeswell, played out a goalless draw. Third placed Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves lost 2-0 at home to Tugas United, a result which lifts them to sixth place with games in hand on all the teams above them. Marham Wanderers stay fourth after beating Rampant Horse 5-1 while Wendling took all three points from their trip to Stoke Ferry with a 4-0 win. The bottom two both lost – Hingham Athletic Reserves were beaten 4-3 at home by Great Cressingham while bottom team Narborough Reserves lost 7-0 at home to Colkirk.
Division Four leaders Watton United A stretched their lead at the top of the table to six points with a 3-0 win at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves. Yaxham Reserves are up to third place after beating bottom team Methwold United 7-0 and North Elmham Reserves drop to fourth after being held to a 1-1 draw by Nostro Reserves. At the other end of the table, Beetley United won 2-0 at Dereham Cockers United and Shipdham Reserves went down 5-0 at home to Methwold Rovers Reserves.
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 6 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 7 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 8 Dereham Golf Club full of pride after juniors represent Norfolk
- 9 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 10 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
In the third round of the Dick Davey Ambulance Cup, North Elmham beat Walsingham United 6-2.
Semi-final draw: Saham Toney Reserves v Northwold S&SC or Tacolneston, Swaffham Town A v North Elmham.