Dereham a hit for seven
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk LeagueSaham Toney continue to lead the way in Division One following a clear 7-3 home win against Dereham Town A.
Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League
Saham Toney continue to lead the way in Division One following a clear 7-3 home win against Dereham Town A.
Thetford Athletic are up to second place after beating Hingham Athletic 5-2 at home and East Harling Reserves made it two wins out of two with a 4-2 success at Dereham Posties.
Gressenhall continued the poor start for defending champions, Toftwood Rangers, with a 3-1 win over them and Shipdham beat Yaxham by the odd goal of three. Bridgham United are rooted to the foot of the table after going down 4-1 at home to Rockland United.
You may also want to watch:
West End are the new leaders in Division Three after beating Gressenhall Reserves 4-0 while previous leaders Foulsham Reserves were losing their local derby at Bawdeswell by 4-2.
All of the other action for teams from the three lower divisions was centred around the respective league cups. In the first round of the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup for second division teams, Bunwell made progress by beating Necton Reserves 3-1 at home while Tacolneston beat Cockers by the odd goal of five in a match well refereed by Vic Petrie.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 4 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 8 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
Wymondham Town A ran out comfortable 6-0 home winners over their counterparts from Attleborough Town and Saham Toney Reserves beat Yaxham Reserves 3-1 after extra time. Swaffham Town A enjoyed a convincing 8-2 win at Morley Village Reserves with some excellent finishing in a game which was a credit to both teams.
In the first round of the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup, Hethersett Athletic ran up the biggest score of the day netting 13 times without reply on their visit to Breckland Wanderers.
Colkirk won 4-1 at Beetley, Castle Acre Swifts went one better with a 5-1 success at Methwold Rovers and Great Cressingham improved on that with a 6-1 home win over Shipdham Reserves. Sporle won 3-1 at Fakenham Town A and Wendling won by the same score at Rockland United Reserves and had their goalkeeper to thank for a string of fine saves which kept them in a well-contested and sporting match.
In an all-club affair, Shropham United narrowly got the better of their reserves, winning 3-2 while Swanton Morley beat Hindolveston 5-3. Thetford Rovers Reserves ran out easy 9-1 winners against Splitz United and Thurton and Ashby had to rely on a winner in extra time to beat Bunwell Reserves by the odd goal of five.