Dereham AC runners pick up Grand Prix series awards
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Runners AC took home no less than three trophies at the prestigious Leathes Prior Grand Prix awards ceremony, in Norwich.
The 10 race series included 10k races at Norwich, Holt and Great Yarmouth, a 5k race at Wroxham, a five-mile event at Worstead, a tough 20 miler at Wymondham and the 10 miler hosted by Dereham Runners in May.
Placings are based on the seven best performances by each runner, both in terms of times and finishing position.
Carol Devlin took first prize in the F50-54 age category with a maximum score of 700 points, having won all seven of her qualifying races. Emma Potter-Campbell took third prize in the F45-49 class, and was 'delighted' to have won an LPGP award for the third year running.
Louise Juby scooped the coveted award for first Female Senior, as well as netting a personal best of 41.12 at the Holt 10k, the final event. An exceptionally capable technical runner, Louise took the top prize despite placing first only once, ably demonstrating that elite level results are all about targeted training and mental focus.
You may also want to watch:
Veteran Amanda Baker also won a separate award for her 5.39 showing at the Loch Ness Marathon in September.
Ten DRAC runners competed in the Shouldham Warren 9k event organised by Ryston Runners on Sunday. Weather conditions and temperatures were ideal, allowing Emma Potter-Campbell and Neil Anderton to win first prizes in their respective age categories, and Andy Rowles to place second in his.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
The order in which the 10 runners finished was: Emma Potter-Campbell, Andrew Rowles, Ashley Jarvis, Grace Bird, Louise Hudson, Neil Anderton, Darren Rowley, Jacqui Wood, John Richardson and Hazel Cason.
Seven other DRAC runners completed a half marathon at Snetterton race circuit. Malcolm Fisher covered the 13 miles in 1:42.56, followed by Brian Titchiner (1:44.03), Keith Moore (2:00.16), Janice Moore (2:00.16), Jan Totterdale (2:13.33), Martin Strowger (2:18.30) and Lee Anderton (2:39.38).
Charlotte Rose, running at Snetterton for City of Norwich AC, but also a second claim runner for Dereham, was first lady home in just 1:20.00, a personal best by a full 75 seconds.