Dereham B at their best
DEREHAM B turned in their best all-round West Norfolk League Division Four performance of the season as they beat Castle Acre by 34 runs on Saturday.With nine teenagers in the team, Dereham showed maturity while batting, and players right down the order chipped in with useful runs in a total of 146.
DEREHAM B turned in their best all-round West Norfolk League Division Four performance of the season as they beat Castle Acre by 34 runs on Saturday.
With nine teenagers in the team, Dereham showed maturity while batting, and players right down the order chipped in with useful runs in a total of 146.
Captain Sam Widdows led by example as he got 48 and was unlucky to miss out on his maiden half-century.
Tom Simpson (26), Liam Cameron (17) and George Fuller (10) all got into double figures.
Dereham then got stuck straight into the Castle Acre batting as Ian Clarke - the oldest member of the team by 18 years - took a wicket in his first over.
The home side bowled and fielded with great energy and enthusiasm and never let the Castle Acre team settle.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 5 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 6 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 7 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 8 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car
- 9 Scores in Norfolk caught up in DVLA driving licence delays
- 10 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
Clarke ended up with 2-16 and his son Tom, 14, got the best figures of 3-15.
Aaron Fletcher produced another fine opening spell for 2-20. Neal Widdows picked up two late wickets for just seven runs.