Dereham beat promotion hoepfuls
Dereham CC's unbeaten run continued with an emphatic victory over promotion hopefuls Garboldisham on Saturday in Norfolk Alliance Division Two.Winning the toss and electing to field, Dereham's early momentum seemed not to be disturbed by the heat.
Dereham CC's unbeaten run continued with an emphatic victory over promotion hopefuls Garboldisham on Saturday in Norfolk Alliance Division Two.
Winning the toss and electing to field, Dereham's early momentum seemed not to be disturbed by the heat.
Openers Kristien Fletcher and Jon Crisp made early inroads with Crisp getting the prize wicket of Garboldisham's overseas player.
At 89-5 it was Josh Sheppard's 52 that got Garboldisham to a target of 199 all out.
You may also want to watch:
Max Cheetham took two wickets with all-rounder Duncan Hewitt taking 3-22.
In reply Dereham lost opener Hewitt, well caught by the opposition's captain. David Lake (20) and Neil Irons (16) got the score to 80 before both fell to R Fuller.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 7 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
From there Jake Anema and skipper Joe Marczewski built a superb partnership of 101, guiding Dereham home, Anema finishing 74no and Marczewski 38no.
Everyone within the team knows the importance of picking up points as the league is very tight. Dereham have a fantastic team of home-grown talent.
Dereham entertain league leaders Mattishall on Saturday, 1pm start.
Mattishall are 47 points ahead of second-placed Downham A after beating Hillington.
Gordon Chetwood made 83 as they made 191 for two after bowling Hillington out for 189.