Dereham claim 2-0 away win - and it should have been more
- Credit: Archant
A dominant Dereham side came away from Cambridge University II with a 2-0 victory.
Dereham had long periods of possession and numerous chances but a lack of sharpness denied them a more emphatic win.
Their first goal came midway through the first half when Cambridge failed to deal with an aerial pass. Falko Rosbergen was left one-on-one with the keeper and unleashed a rasping first time shot into the bottom corner. Will Edwards scored the second with a solo effort featuring one of his trademark runs.
It was another solid defensive display from a Dereham team which has the lowest number of goals conceded in the league but they would like a few more at the other end.
Dereham play Wapping on Saturday as they look to continue their unbeaten start at home.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Ladies came away from St Neots with a 1-0 win in their East League match.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 3 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 4 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback