Dereham continue solid start
Dereham's solid start in Alliance Division Two continued with a winning draw against lowly Sheringham. On Saturday they host Fakenham A.
Electing to bat on a very dry wicket, second-placed Dereham had David Lake bowled with the score on nine, and Joe Marczewski was bowled by a grass-cutter.
Jake Anema (28) was in a 60 partnership which saw the ball dispatched to all parts. Skipper Duncan Hewitt (55) again passed another half-century then big-hitting Phil Milbourne made a fast-flowing 56. Dereham set 231 to win.
Hewitt had few bowling options. Anema started with medium pace along with Nic Cains, who caught a bullet of a return shot. They restricted Sheringham Anema's 5-53 doing the damage.
Sheringham, after 23 overs, decided to shut up shop. After they lost their ninth wicket with five balls remaining, Dereham tried everything.
You may also want to watch:
'Eighteen points won and still the unbeaten run continues,' said Hewitt. 'The last piece of today's jigsaw was hard to find, we tried everything..to gain the win.'
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
Dereham: Lake b Moy 5, Hewitt lbw Sturgess 55, Marczewski b Youngs 4, Anema c Smith 28, Irons c Moy 8, Milbourne c Sturgess 56, Perrin West c Spillett 12, Cheetham b Sturgess 8, Fletcher not out 23, Burrage not out 13. Total 230-8. Bowling: Youngs 7-0-35-1, Moy 12-0-51-2, Smith 12-1-54-1, Sturgess 11-1-56-3, Spillett 4-0-25-1.
Sheringham: Sturgess c-b Cains 8, Sturgess c Cains b Anema 23, Smith c Cheetham b Anema 32, Spillett st Burrage b Anema 9, Neare c Fletcher b Anema 0, Hudson c-b Anema 2, Norris b Cheetham 4, Igood not out 26, Bailey b Cheetham 20, Youngs b Fletcher 24, Moys not out 1. Total 176-9. Bowling: Cains 10-2-42-1, Anema 12-1-53-5, Fletcher 8-1-42-1, Cheetham 12-4-24-2, Hewitt 4-0-9-0.