Dereham continue solid start
Dereham's solid start in Alliance Division Two continued with a winning draw against lowly Sheringham. On Saturday they host Fakenham A.
Electing to bat on a very dry wicket, second-placed Dereham had David Lake bowled with the score on nine, and Joe Marczewski was bowled by a grass-cutter.
Jake Anema (28) was in a 60 partnership which saw the ball dispatched to all parts. Skipper Duncan Hewitt (55) again passed another half-century then big-hitting Phil Milbourne made a fast-flowing 56. Dereham set 231 to win.
Hewitt had few bowling options. Anema started with medium pace along with Nic Cains, who caught a bullet of a return shot. They restricted Sheringham Anema's 5-53 doing the damage.
Sheringham, after 23 overs, decided to shut up shop. After they lost their ninth wicket with five balls remaining, Dereham tried everything.
You may also want to watch:
'Eighteen points won and still the unbeaten run continues,' said Hewitt. 'The last piece of today's jigsaw was hard to find, we tried everything..to gain the win.'
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 6 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
Dereham: Lake b Moy 5, Hewitt lbw Sturgess 55, Marczewski b Youngs 4, Anema c Smith 28, Irons c Moy 8, Milbourne c Sturgess 56, Perrin West c Spillett 12, Cheetham b Sturgess 8, Fletcher not out 23, Burrage not out 13. Total 230-8. Bowling: Youngs 7-0-35-1, Moy 12-0-51-2, Smith 12-1-54-1, Sturgess 11-1-56-3, Spillett 4-0-25-1.
Sheringham: Sturgess c-b Cains 8, Sturgess c Cains b Anema 23, Smith c Cheetham b Anema 32, Spillett st Burrage b Anema 9, Neare c Fletcher b Anema 0, Hudson c-b Anema 2, Norris b Cheetham 4, Igood not out 26, Bailey b Cheetham 20, Youngs b Fletcher 24, Moys not out 1. Total 176-9. Bowling: Cains 10-2-42-1, Anema 12-1-53-5, Fletcher 8-1-42-1, Cheetham 12-4-24-2, Hewitt 4-0-9-0.