Dereham cricketers feel the force
DEREHAM felt the full force of Saham Toney's powerful batting line-up during a record-breaking 225-run Alliance Division two defeat on Saturday.Saham Toney batted first and racked up an incredible total of 362 for eight, surpassing the Alliance record they had broken four weeks previously against Mundford.
DEREHAM felt the full force of Saham Toney's powerful batting line-up during a record-breaking 225-run Alliance Division two defeat on Saturday.
Saham Toney batted first and racked up an incredible total of 362 for eight, surpassing the Alliance record they had broken four weeks previously against Mundford.
Australian Glenn Maxwell put the Dereham attack to the sword, blasting his fifth consecutive league century and finishing on 152.
Joe Marczewski was the most successful Dereham bowler, taking five wickets, although they came at a hefty price as he went for 85 runs. Andy Lawrence suffered the least punishment, although his 12 overs still cost 74 runs.
Lawrence was then the only Dereham batsman to provide much resistance, but he was stranded on 49no as the visitors were bowled out for 137.
The result confirmed Saham Toney as champions, while Dereham will be looking to retain fourth position as they play their final match of the season on Saturday, at home to Swardeston A.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 4 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 5 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 6 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 7 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 10 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
Dereham A were left without a game when Fosters could not raise a side in West Norfolk League Division One.
Dereham B sealed just their second win of the season, beating Hockwold by 63 runs in Division Four.
Dereham batted first and posted 147 all out, Nic Cains top scoring with 33, while Tony Carter (27) and Jackson Ramm (23) also made useful contributions.
Hockwold's openers put on 44, but Ramm broke the partnership before Dereham took control. Skipper Sam Widdows took four wickets, Cains claimed three, there was a second for Ramm and Tom Simpson took one as Hockwold were bowled out for 84.
Dereham CC's presentation night is being held at the club on September 13 starting at 7.30pm. Tickets are available at a cost of £7 per adult and £5 per child. This includes a hog roast.
Contact Aidie Hewitt, 01362-694872, Stuart Fletcher, 07590549163 or Neil Irons 01362-694582 for more information.