Dereham Hockey Club settle for a point in East Women’s League clash
Dereham Ladies II 0, Loddon 0
Dereham were unfortunate not to come away with a victory in a competitive East Women's League Division 2NE match.
The home side looked the stronger team for the majority of the match, dominating the possession. Lulu Humberston and Rachel Lavers controlled the centre midfield, while Charlotte Reeve made numerous attacking runs down the left hand side.
After half-time Dereham were determined to maintain the pressure with Becky Loveday weaving past Loddon players to create chances. A well-timed ball was slipped through for Hannah Dewing to strike on goal, but her shot was saved by the keeper.
The away side began to step up their play, breaking through into the Dereham half, but Hev Morgan remained strong.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham continued to apply the pressure, attacking the opposition goal to the end of the match. Although Dereham were disappointed not to take all three points, there was some promising play which can be taken into their next match.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000