Dereham hockey team surrender top spot
Dereham 2,Cambridge University II 2
HOCKEY: Dereham surrendered top spot in East Men's League Premier B as they let a two-goal lead slip to draw at home.
Dereham moved the ball across the pitch with ease, and set up a number of attacks, but they were unable to convert their chances.
They eventually found the back of the net following a drag-flicked short corner from top scorer Sam Plater, who placed his shot high into the top left corner.
You may also want to watch:
One became two shortly afterwards when Andy Lawrence hit a short corner low to the keeper's right, and although the keeper made a good save, Will Edwards slotted home the rebound. Cambridge had a few attacks, but were unable to break down the Dereham defence.
The second half started with an error after 10 seconds in the Dereham defence which immediately handed possession to the students, who scored. This spurred Dereham forward, but they were again unable to find the final touch.
- 1 Plans for wild animals on 100-home development
- 2 Updated information following serious assault in Dereham
- 3 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 4 Man denies attacking brother with wheel brace
- 5 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 6 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 7 Pub reopens with brand new wine boutique
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Your Say - What should replace Dereham's Prezzo?
- 10 'Exciting and adventurous' - How aboutDereham works for our community
Dereham lost Plater midway through the half to a hamstring injury, and Cambridge scored an equaliser with 15 minutes to go, as a long ball into the D was deflected into the net. Dereham missed chances to score the winner.