Dereham hockey team surrender top spot
Dereham 2,Cambridge University II 2
HOCKEY: Dereham surrendered top spot in East Men's League Premier B as they let a two-goal lead slip to draw at home.
Dereham moved the ball across the pitch with ease, and set up a number of attacks, but they were unable to convert their chances.
They eventually found the back of the net following a drag-flicked short corner from top scorer Sam Plater, who placed his shot high into the top left corner.
You may also want to watch:
One became two shortly afterwards when Andy Lawrence hit a short corner low to the keeper's right, and although the keeper made a good save, Will Edwards slotted home the rebound. Cambridge had a few attacks, but were unable to break down the Dereham defence.
The second half started with an error after 10 seconds in the Dereham defence which immediately handed possession to the students, who scored. This spurred Dereham forward, but they were again unable to find the final touch.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
Dereham lost Plater midway through the half to a hamstring injury, and Cambridge scored an equaliser with 15 minutes to go, as a long ball into the D was deflected into the net. Dereham missed chances to score the winner.